Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

Horse from Dumbo?

It's a gossip girl reference. Dan Humphrey lives in Dumbo, Brooklyn, NYC and be fucks up his big story at the end. It's something some of my friends reference to a bit.

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 2

The only way 2015 doesn't increase in gross and ticket sales from 2014 is if Avengers 2 and Star Wars Episode VII aren't released  :lol:

Those two will get 2015 to $10.5-11.5 billion fairly easily. 

Early 2015 is looking solid as well

January

1. Taken 3 (Even a decline would mean $90-110 million as the end result)
  2. Selma (Looks to be a $150 million+ crowdpleaser)
  3. American Sniper (2015's ZDT/Lone Survivor) 
  4. The Wedding Ringer (first original R-rated comedy since Let's Be Cops... Kevin Hart too) 
  5. Paddington (critically acclaimed and Annie/NATM3 will both have died down by Jan 16) 

February

1. SpongeBob 2 (Could do anywhere from $80 million to $160 million depending on WOM) 
  2. Kingsman - The Secret Service (Seems like a mild surprise hit in the making)
  3. 50 Shades of Grey (2015's first blockbuster hit) 

March

1. Chappie (could be a comeback... plus Hugh Jackman might draw some people in)
  2. Cinderella (the Frozen trailer should make this a solid hit... $180-240 million is its range)
  3. In the Heart of the Sea (could breakout - Noah numbers would be solid enough)
  4. Insurgent (with 3D, this should be able to get $160-170 million) 
  5. Get Hard (Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart together... if it's any good, $150-170 million) 

Some of those predictions seem a bit over zealous but I agree that Q1 looks very strong for 2015. If the slump continues into Q1 I say the heavy hitters could be in trouble, cause it's one of the more appealing looking starts to a year we've had.

Edited by MovieMan89

I sat here racking my brain trying to remember some old, injured circus horse in Dumbo.

Dumbo refers to dumbo, new York. A part of Brooklyn. Down Under the Manhatteb Brooklyn Overpass

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Omg why are people bringing up Aniston? She and Brad have divorced for like a decade. Who cares anymore? They've all moved on.

They didnt divorce. Brad was stolen by an evil Succubus that was jealous of Jen.

You Jolie stans are always trying to blur the truth.

• Like 3

Omg why are people bringing up Aniston? She and Brad have divorced for like a decade. Who cares anymore? They've all moved on.

They have but some of the fans haven't, especially now that Jen and Angie are both vying for Oscars the same year. I guess Angie the shameless homewrecker was supposed to lose everything, while Jen was forced back to sitcoms like the basic TV girl that she is. Neither has really happened but the more invested fans on each "team" cling to any sign, no matter how flimsy, that the other is pathetic flop. At this point it obviously says less about the stars themselves than the fans who are way too invested in it all.

• Like 2

Did it even have them? It seems like the whole late nights for damn near every wide release is something that only started a year to year and a half ago.

I'm pretty sure it did and remember it did something like 1.8 or 2.8 but I can't find a source anywhere.

• Like 1