Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

As an actress it was cemented a long time ago, IMO. She is one of the only female draws in the industry. She will get tons of offers as a director after this, tho.

I wish she had a better filmography, she hasn't really reached her peak. Imo

I would like the Cleopatra film to happen.

check your math

47 Ronin

OW - 9.9M

dom total - 38.3

It had 20M by Sunday, and didn't make it to 40...

isn't that how 5-day weekends work?

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry to have fed incorrect information :(

Edited by DAJK

A BP nod for Unbroken would be ridiculous, half the reviews are negative and most of the positive reviews are just mildly positive.  If it gets in, its because of politics/star humping and nothing to do with its owns merits.  Wouldn't surprise me though since Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close got in.

• Like 7

Don't forget, though, Unbroken has a strong following among the faith-based movie crowd. It could be that the "Son of God" crowd came out for the opening weekend and inflated things a bit, which would hurt the legs. No way of knowing until we see the second week numbers, but this isn't completely a standard adult drama in terms of its audience. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who don't go to the movies that often came out for this one. 

A BP nod for Unbroken would be ridiculous, half the reviews are negative and most of the positive reviews are just mildly positive. If it gets in, its because of politics/star humping and nothing to do with its owns merits. Wouldn't surprise me though since Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close got in.

Or that it strikes a cord with the AMPAS just like it has with the GA.

But I think ITW just got a big boost in the BP race. It's got giant BO to boost it and crowd pleasing-ness plus it got great reviews.

• Like 3

Holy crap. That's insane.

Here in the UK, there's very little interest in Unbroken, I guess it's different in the US then. That 1-day figure could seriously be more than its whole run in my country :o

Well done to both movies.

• Like 1

I knew Unbroken was gonna be a big commercial success. At least initially. I can only imagine the kind of run it would have if it had the real awards buzz through March. Great for Woods too. I guess it's at least a good ending to an awful year at the B.O. Though still not as strong as Xmas Day 2012's double knock out opening of Les Mis and Django.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

Dame gets the last laugh. Dame always gets the last laugh. And eats the Cake too. With Goddess.

I just have to ask - why bring Jen (Cake) into everything regarding your Dame??  Wasn't the world over that years ago already??  Can't you just celebrate Angelina without bringing Jen into it??  I mean the photo of Jen crying posted earlier by another poster - Really???  And Congrats to you on Unbroken.

• Like 2

I just have to ask - why bring Jen (Cake) into everything regarding your Dame?? Wasn't the world over that years ago already?? Can't you just celebrate Angelina without bringing Jen into it?? I mean the photo of Jen crying posted earlier by another poster - Really??? And Congrats to you on Unbroken.

Nope. We can't bring up same without mentioning the anistans.

• Like 2

#hashtagRth, on 25 Dec 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:

And the rest

Very rough

Unb 13-16

ITW 12-14

Good numbers for both of those for sure, especially considering the disappointing reviews for Unbroken and disappointing theater count for ITW, but break out your crystal balls, and guess what type of numbers we'll be looking at in exactly 365 days.

Maybe something like:

SW7 - 35

MI5 - 25

Alvin 4 - 15

Yeah, I know I might be too optimistic for all 3 of those, but why not?

• Like 1

I just have to ask - why bring Jen (Cake) into everything regarding your Dame??  Wasn't the world over that years ago already??  Can't you just celebrate Angelina without bringing Jen into it??  I mean the photo of Jen crying posted earlier by another poster - Really???  And Congrats to you on Unbroken.

Because there is a correlation between Dame stanning and Mean Girl cattiness.

• Like 2