Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

I think this stands are proof for the umpteenth time that even if shit like Exodus or HB2 or Madgascar flops, and even if Hobbit and HG disappoint for logical reasons, the box office is not in "recession." It is not failing due to on-demand or the economy. When appealing movies are produced with strong marketing, they will make money. I think in the coming weeks Selma, Taken, American Sniper, and Wedding Ringer will all prove this to be true, even if things like Blackhat or Woman in Black flop.

Well I think everyone knows that, not a lot of strong films this year. January should be pretty big though.

That was really sad :( only made slightly better by grand Budapest hotels performance.

And then Dame got chicken pox. :(

Hopefully, a gangbusters opening weekend will expedite her recovery ;)

Cause I wanna see her out gloating and campaigning harder than ever for oscar noms.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 1

I am so sick of the star worship on this board. So pathetic.

Be proud of yourselves people, don't rely on the success of others!

lol move along.

Everyone here is a star worship. Whether it's Jolie or Streep or Nolan or even a brand like Marvel we all stan for and live vicariously through some celebrity.

• Like 4

And they won't. Christmas weekend openers are guaranteed a 3-4x multiplier minimum.

Not saying Into the Woods and Unbroken wont (I think they will) but 47 Ronin didn't even have a x2 multiplier just last year.

Unbroken still has a shot for Best Picture nomination despite the reviews and Globes shutout especially if the box office continues to do well ala Blind Slide. it could still do well with AMPAS voters ala Extremely Loud

• Like 3

LMFAO

I thought it was until now.

At least now I have confirmation that Goddess Meryl and Dame Jolie are at the very least acquainted.

:worthy:

Yeah.... I recognised the dress but just thought that it was a really good Photoshop job of Gilda's head on streeps dress lol.

But Hollywood royalty at its finest. We only need DDL and the picture will be complete.

• Like 3