grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-mangold-greatest-showman-re-shoots-1202646576/

James Mangold Helped Oversee ‘Greatest Showman’ Reshoots, Post-Production (EXCLUSIVE)

James Mangold came to the aid of his old pal Hugh Jackman at a critical moment during the making of “The Greatest Showman.” The “Logan” director was enlisted to help oversee a week of reshoots on the lavish movie musical last fall after 20th Century Fox, the studio behind the film, became concerned that Michael Gracey was overwhelmed with the scope of the picture.

Gracey, who is making his feature film directorial debut with “The Greatest Showman,” had an extensive resume of commercials work, but struggled to adjust to the pressure of calling the shots on an $84 million film. It was also determined that he could use a veteran’s assistance with the post-production process.

To that end, Mangold helped edit the picture. He was given an executive producer credit for his work and was paid a seven-figure salary for his contributions.

A source close to the studio disputed any notion that Gracey had lost control of the picture. The source said that Gracey directed all of the principal photography and the re-shoots, noting that the filmmaker was on the set and in the editing bay throughout the production. Mangold’s input, though extensive, was likened to more of an advisory role.

Just watched it and loved EVERY SINGLE PART of it.

There were a lot of scenes where I got chills and emotional (which doesn't happen very often) and the story and music numbers were GREAT.

But I guess I'm the minority, because as a huge fan of musicals, Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables, Zac Efron, High School Musical and Zendaya, is like this movie was made for me and it won't play well with the rest of the demos.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 1:29 AM, WrathOfHan said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-mangold-greatest-showman-re-shoots-1202646576/

James Mangold Helped Oversee ‘Greatest Showman’ Reshoots, Post-Production (EXCLUSIVE)

Not even MANGOD could save this, that is how bad it was before the reshoots :hahaha:

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I.... don't know what I do that that gives that impression

Idk. I just remember one time in the CCT you were saying something about how walking on the streets made you anxious, so I (and others) correlated that with a small town :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1