grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

I'm really looking foward to this movie. I love Hugh Jackman and loved him Les Miserables so I'm ready to see him in another musical. I can say the same about Zac Efron (High School Musical fan here), and I liked Zendaya in Homecoming and some Disney TV shows.

• Like 1

That trailer makes this look like a gigantic flop to me, and Jackman is pretty much king of box office bombs when he's not playing Wolvie (not to mention Efron). The PG rating really feels like the death knell. Don't think kids will have any desire whatsoever to see this, they should've aimed for more of an older audience. 

Edited by MovieMan89

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, Morieris said:

I hope one of the songs involves a creepy organ grinder. 

So I am  not the only one who is reminded of the Circus Gang in "Batman Returns" by the costume design in this film?

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

This could be a bomb for the ages. Jackman cannot pick decent non-Wolverine projects to save his life.

It will not bomb imo. I think it will be a crowd pleaser. And Christmas movies have good multiplier.

I think the trailer looks fantastic but i'm seeing a growing blacklash because of the way their portraying P. T. Barnum. Apparently the real guy was a terrible person in real life. 

Also fun fact, the actresses playing the girl is from my hometown. We are apparently doing a little premier at our local theater for the film. 

1 minute ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I think the trailer looks fantastic but i'm seeing a growing blacklash because of the way their portraying P. T. Barnum. Apparently the real guy was a terrible person in real life. 

So the Legends of Tomorrow portrayal from earlier this season with PT Barnum was likely more accurate. 

The irony of that!