grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, the way Fox is handling this seems to indicate they know they will be providing the Turkey this Christmas.....

I wonder if Fox only agreed to greenlight it if Jackman did Logan, a kind of one for you, one for me type deal

In spite of his background in Broadway and musicals, I just don't think Jackman has the most appealing voice for all of that. He was borderline cringey for me in parts of Les Mis. Apparently he really enjoys doing it, but I just don't think he's all that suited for it tbh. It's sad because he does really excel in action roles, yet those seem to be what he's least fond of doing. 

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In spite of his background in Broadway and musicals, I just don't think Jackman has the most appealing voice for all of that. He was borderline cringey for me in parts of Les Mis. Apparently he really enjoys doing it, but I just don't think he's all that suited for it tbh. It's sad because he does really excel in action roles, yet those seem to be what he's least fond of doing. 

He plays the role of Curly in Oklahoma! at the National Theatre and the West End and he was very good in it as well as The Boy from Oz, Les Mis was really not his finest hour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

He plays the role of Curly in Oklahoma! at the National Theatre and the West End and he was very good in it as well as The Boy from Oz, Les Mis was really not his finest hour.

Les Miz was out of his range. The songs were built around Colm Wilkinson and instead of adapting them to Jakcman they just let him strain and strain to sing them.

I've seen his Oklahoma on PBS, he was very good.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/rodgers-hammerstein-e2-80-99s-oklahoma-oh-what-a-beautiful-mornin/1929/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I imagine the experience of Van Helsing mostly turned him off from action-oriented fare aside from Wolverine.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

If this gets a sub-20% RT score that's gonna be a Tourist level embarrassment for the Globes.

I don't understand why they MUST nominate the usual musical movie even if it's crap. They could have nominated another comedic movie/performance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't understand why they MUST nominate the usual musical movie even if it's crap. They could have nominated another comedic movie/performance.

Because the Golden Globes are a lot more about reputation than quality. And since people still care about them despite that fact they have no reason to change.

• Like 1