CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I do think some of the Academy voters have Legos for brains in that the Lego Movie wasn't nominated for Best Animated Film.

The Lego Movie is better than 7 of the 8 films up for Best Picture. It deserved to be nominated for Best Animated film.

• Like 4

This.

The real crime is the inclusion of The Boxtrolls, which got mediocre reviews overall, over both The Lego Movie and The Book of Life. 

I haven't seen The Boxtrolls or The Book of Life, though I've been meaning to for a while.

I think the win is between BH6 and HTTYD2.

Gunn is the worst of the entitled bunch. I swear he challenges anyone who says anything even approaching a criticism of Guardians on Twitter.

LOL Does he? I follow him on Twitter but I haven't been there in a while. I like Gunn. Hope the success hasn't gone to his head.

Edited by ECSTASY

People should be up in arms about the Gyllenhaal and Oyelowo snubs, not Lego

C'mon, man

They were originally nominated, then the Academy president saw the names and decided that she could not risk mis-pronouncing them on live TV. Only simple names like Dick Pope were allowed.

I've seen both movies. Interstellar was beautiful.

I watched both films twice, and I agree that Interstellar is beautiful. But beauty? That's cinematography, or production design, you should be looking at. On a technical level, Apes is better and that's not up for debate.

I think Lego was one of the most amazing and charming films of the year right up until near the end of the movie where it switches to live action. It's so strange, but I can't understand why that scene was there. The film's message was about individuality so that scene ruined it for me. 

Still a really good film that was botched by one awful scene.

Heh, I think the opposite. The film was really good but that scene elevated it to a higher level, making the film absolutely brilliant imo.

• Like 2

I think Lego was one of the most amazing and charming films of the year right up until near the end of the movie where it switches to live action. It's so strange, but I can't understand why that scene was there. The film's message was about individuality so that scene ruined it for me. 

Still a really good film that was botched by one awful scene.

I think that scene reinforces them movie's theme of creativity, imagination, and individuality.  

• Like 2