Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

Good idea, well I have 10 films + 1 alt right now, which I do agree is too much, I didn't realize it until after I did that.

You know I could have bonus points also for anyone who decides to put down doc/foreign films (or even more interesting, people predicting shorts)

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 9:04 PM, Impact said:

Well like always, just this topic now for the 2015 Oscars!

Now its time to make predicts and laugh at the end of the year at what we put ;)

So anyone want to start making fun of what they put yet?

On 1/16/2015 at 10:00 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Roughly in order of what sounds most likely:

Silence

The Revenant

Spielberg's Cold War Thriller

The Hateful Eight

Everest

Icon

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

In the Heart of the Sea

Joy (though if this is Russell's same shtick I think they will tire of it this time)

Eh, not too shabby for being a full year ago, though I'm trying to figure out what the hell Icon is? Kinda nailed Joy. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Icon was the lance armstrong movie. changed it's name to The Program. made sense considering the pedigree surrounding the picture but it debuted at toronto with a shrug of a reaction never to be heard from again.

Ah, wow forgot all about it and had never even heard of The Program. Silence will be near the top of my early 2016 guess again though. 

100% IN

Spotlight

The Revenant

The Big Short

The Martian

Mad Max

Carol

LIKELY

Room

Brooklyn

COMPETING FOR POTENTIAL 9TH & 10TH SLOTS

Bridge of Spies

Sicario

Straight Outta Compton

Ex Machina

I think Ex Machina's shot at a nom are basically nil at this point. They'll reward it with a screenplay nom instead. I'd love to see Sicario make it but it'll prob just get a clutch of techs/cinematography/score & a poss BSA for Del Toro. Bridge of Spies feels like it's losing heat and feels less and less essential for a BP nom. Spielberg may edge out one or two of the directors of my top 6 to get a nod there (McKay & maybe McCarthy). Straight Outta Compton feels like a likely curveball. 

I'm counting on the Academy to throw something in totally out of left field.... I hope it's TFA but it'll probably be Trumbo or something.