LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

WTF?? American Sniper's number is out of this world.

I'll never understand middle America. Apparently the real-life Chris Kyle was a racist douchebag, seems kind of wrong that he's being touted as some hero now.

Middle America loves there overly patriotic war movies. I bet it is sold out at my theater.
  • Like 1

Yeah, but it'd be nice to have some reassurance that Americans are willing to watch non-period British films.

Paddington will probably do fine. No need to worry.

Besides Philomena and The Exotic Marigold Hotel did good numbers and those weren't British period pieces (dat Judi Dench affect though).

Edited by Fancyarcher

Middle America loves there overly patriotic war movies. I bet it is sold out at my theater.

that it may be but it is incredible, the best Clint eastwood film I've ever seen. so happy for these numbers!! :D

Edited by KaloVisor

WTF?? American Sniper's number is out of this world.

I'll never understand middle America. Apparently the real-life Chris Kyle was a racist douchebag, seems kind of wrong that he's being touted as some hero now.

But how are we to know that for sure? .. the media loves to over exaggerate anything and everything that could be considered racist.

• Like 1

More like sad. That my country cares so much about gun toting snipers and so little about equality for human beings. The former is a box office draw, the latter isn't. Says it all really.

I really, really, really hate it when stuff like this happens. Someone gets upset when their movie doesn't do well and suddenly it's the commplete fucking collapse of our society/culture and the decaying of our generation, blah blah blah.

It's the aggravating little brother of the shit you see from some people whenever cape movies/sequels/adaptations do well. It's petty as all hell and I'm tired of it.

• Like 7

SC is the #1 patriotic state in America (survey fact) so I guess I shouldnt bother going all weekend lol.

Minnesota is the 2nd less patriotic state and lot of people on facebook are talking about. Californian is the least patriotic

http://abc7chicago.com/society/the-most-and-least-patriotic-states-in-the-usa/152539/   

Besides it's not a particularly high budgeted film and it's already doing good number overseas. 32m over the 4-day weekend would be great.

Paddington has made its budget back from the UK alone, anything in the US and OS is just gravy. Studiocanal who made the film are likely to make a sequel. 

It'll be interesting how The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel does, the first film did really well as counter programming and this time it has a much easier release date. It is limited release like the first film was or wide.