LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen. – Ambrose Bierce

;)

I believe in my whole race. Yellow, white, black, red, brown --in the honesty, courage, intelligence, durability....and goodness.....of the overwhelming majority of my brothers and sisters everywhere on this planet. I am proud to be a human being. I believe that we have come this far by the skin of our teeth, that we always make it just by the skin of our teeth --but that we will always make it....survive....endure. I believe that this hairless embryo with the aching, oversize brain case and the opposable thumb, this animal barely up from the apes, will endure --will endure longer than his home planet, will spread out to the other planets, to the stars, and beyond, carrying with him his honesty, his insatiable curiosity, his unlimited courage --and his noble essential decency. 

- Heinlein

well I am proud to be an American and I am not ashamed to admit it, I'm not saying it's perfect, but I was born here. and from what I've seen it's still a lot better place to live than most.  if I were to live in several other countries, I could be put to death just for my sexual orientation, or more worried about have food in my stomach then what I want to do with my career, or thrown into the military... at age 5. and that top statement is bogus. Heinlein's is nice and all but unrealistic, there are just too many sadistic and sick people in the world. 

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 1

Glad that the movie business is doing great this weekend! What's funny is that I never saw any marketing for Blackhat or next weekends Mortedaci...

I've seen a shitton of ads for Mortdecai these last couple weeks online. I'm tired of seeing them.

• Like 1

Given that none of the releases next week will make a dent and the same for the week after, American Sniper will very likely have a three week run as the number 1 film.

Depending on how much it drops from its second weekend to third weekend, and how Project Almanac could potentially snap the spot, I'd say it's a definite probability.

if I were to live in several other countries, I could be put to death just for my sexual orientation, or more worried about have food in my stomach then what I want to do with my career, or thrown into the military... at age 5.

wut

Depending on how much it drops from its second weekend to third weekend, and how Project Almanac could potentially snap the spot, I'd say it's a definite probability.

Project Almanac should be able to open on par with Chronicle.

Project Almanac should be able to open on par with Chronicle.

All I know is if Mortdecai opens north of 30m then there is some freaky witchcraft voodoo going on at the box office right now to ensure massive success to all.

Except Selma.

Edited by MovieMan89

True that AS is in about a thousand more theaters than Selma is this weekend. But Selma is still well over the 2k theater count. That should be more than enough availability for it to be doing a lot better than it is. The public interest just isn't there apparently. Again, sad/slightly maddening.

Selma didn't interest me and didn't have Bradley Cooper in it, so there!  :P

well I am proud to be an American and I am not ashamed to admit it, I'm not saying it's perfect, but I was born here. and from what I've seen it's still a lot better place to live than most.  if I were to live in several other countries, I could be put to death just for my sexual orientation, or more worried about have food in my stomach then what I want to do with my career, or thrown into the military... at age 5. and that top statement is bogus. Heinlein's is nice and all but unrealistic, there are just too many sadistic and sick people in the world.

Calling Heinlein "unrealistic" is pretty odd if you know his general philosophy and commitment against what he feared would be a Third World War against the Soviet Union.

I love my country too -- but (IMO) that's different from blind patriotism. Sorry for derailing the thread, though.

• Like 1

Guys. Obviously if the movie is breakingout this big, then its connecting with more than MID America. Some of yall act like its just Texas seeing the movie. America is one country. Lets drop the labeling just because the movie is patriotic/soldier themed/faith oriented. Theres soldiers, Christians, and America lovers in Maine, Jersey, Nevada, and Utah as well.

• Like 5

Guys. Obviously if the movie is breakingout this big, then its connecting with more than MID America. Some of yall act like its just Texas seeing the movie. America is one country. Lets drop the labeling just because the movie is patriotic/soldier themed/faith oriented. Theres soldiers, Christians, and America lovers in Maine, Jersey, Nevada, and Utah as well.

It's big everywhere. Let's not forget this film was posting record breaking numbers in limited release in NYC and LA.

• Like 1

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me! And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, ‘cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God bless the U.S.A.!!

AMERICA!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! I LOVE AMERICA!! WOOOOOO
  • Like 2

I don't think it's sad that AS is making money.

What's sad and I haven't seen this yet going by what I know from the story, is this country doesn't do nearly enough to help our soldiers, black, white, hispanic, asian, readjust to society and get the help they need. We need to do more in that regard. Maybe this movie will can help that.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 5

Calling Heinlein "unrealistic" is pretty odd if you know his general philosophy and commitment against what he feared would be a Third World War against the Soviet Union.

I love my country too -- but (IMO) that's different from blind patriotism. Sorry for derailing the thread, though.

Honestly, I've never heard of Heinlein, all I have to go on is your quotation.

Edited by KaloVisor