LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

September will be the only month left without a 50m+ opener...

Hell, September is the only month left without a 80M opener.

EDIT: October doesn't have one either.

Edited by CJohn

Over the 4 day OW it is gonna beat every 2014 opener except THG3 :lol:

But that is 4 days against 3. But with good legs this should pass most of those 90M+ openers (if not all with crazy good legs).

• Like 1

But that is 4 days against 3. But with good legs this should pass most of those 90M+ openers (if not all with crazy good legs).

It supposedly shouldn't have touch them with the 4 day total :lol:

Edited by CJohn

How many hours until some studio moves a big blockbuster to the MLK weekend of 2016 and/or 2017?

I'm pretty sure MI5 and Assassin's Creed will both move there by next Friday  :lol: seriously I've been saying some mid-level tentpoles like those should be released outside of summer or the holiday season for a while. Only took a $90 million 3-day by American Sniper to wake them up! 

American Sniper possibly grossing $350 million+ is insane...

it"ll be curious to see what they"ll expect with Jupiter Ascending and Focus next month and Get Hard in March and then the summer slate

I don't know about JA and Focus, but Get Hard will be another huge hit. Thinking 150M+. 

• Like 2

Huh. Looks like I picked an interesting week to start following these threads.

I also picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue, but that's beside the point.

JpvGw9M.gif

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure MI5 and Assassin's Creed will both move there by next Friday :lol: seriously I've been saying some mid-level tentpoles like those should be released outside of summer or the holiday season for a while. Only took a $90 million 3-day by American Sniper to wake them up!

American Sniper possibly grossing $350 million+ is insane...

I hope M:I 5 doesn't move. I want to face SW head on and destroy it...

No one interrupt this wonderful daydream.

it"ll be curious to see what they"ll expect with Jupiter Ascending and Focus next month and Get Hard in March and then the summer slate

That is a big amount of bombs in a row for WB. It would have been even worse if In The Heart of the Sea was still in there :lol:

I guess Get Hard should do solid numbers. The Neeson movie should do ok numbers as well (it won't touch Non-Stop, but Unknown numbers are likely). 

• Like 1

I hope M:I 5 doesn't move. I want to face SW head on and destroy it...

No one interrupt this wonderful daydream.

Man, wow, Fifty Shades not breaking out like crazy, MI5 destroying SW... you need to wake up :lol:

• Like 3

That is a big amount of bombs in a row for WB. It would have been even worse if In The Heart of the Sea was still in there :lol:

I guess Get Hard should do solid numbers. The Neeson movie should do ok numbers as well (it won't touch Non-Stop, but Unknown numbers are likely).

I suspect the Neeson movie to make between The Grey and Unknown just at least better A Walk Among The Tombstones domestic total
  • Like 3