LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

WOW!

Nearly a 15% increase with previews on Friday (so even a bigger jump from the real 25.5m flat Friday)

Sunday could be a lighter drop than expected, around 20%.

Fri: 30.5m

Sat: 35m

Sun: 28m

Mon: 22.4m

3 Day: 93.5m

4 Day: 115.9m

Some spillover should be expected but it's not dropping 20% on Sunday with NFL championship games.

• Like 2

The point is the film is rather B+ at best but I liked it was a refreshing take on the modern war genre.

it was told from the Patriots point of view and I just like we get to see a film from the other point of view for once. 

I do not agree with the war or the actions of the war, but it was much more enticing film this way. 

Lol. What's refreshing? Aren't most american war movies set from the US POV whether it be the grunt or the commanders in chief?

The only one I can think of in the last few years is Letters From Iwo Jima from Eastwood. American movie focused on japanese POV on the events.

Or do you mean that it is not set from a liberal POV, right?(*lol* So different and refreshing like a John Wayne's Green Berets in 2015)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Lol. What's refreshing? Aren't most american war movies set from the US POV whether it be the grunt or the commanders in chief?

The only one I can think in the last few years is Letters From Iwo Jima from Eastwood.

Or do you mean that it is not set from a liberal POV, right?

What I was saying is..

When it comes to the modern wars (war on terror), doing a more old school patriotic approach actually has been the minority.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

It's simply a basic foundation that Hollywood alters facts in historical films in order to sell the story better to audiences.

Did William Wallace really have a love affair with and impregnate the French princess married to the English heir? Not even remotely, she was just a child when he was executed.

Did British soldiers go around locking entire American villages in churches and burning them to the ground? Nope.

Did Mark Zuckerberg never have a relationship and remain obsessed with the girl who dumped him early in his Harvard career? False.

So American Sniper brushing out some of the more troubling aspects of Chris Kyle (straight from his own book) is just par for the course.

• Like 6

I'm done arguing. Believe what you want to believe. I stick to the objective truth and that's good enough for me.

That's the thing Noctis, we were having a simple discussion, you were shedding light on something I knew nothing about and assumed by previous comments id seen on here and the film itself that he was just a normal war hero. It wasn't an argument no matter how much you clearly wanted it to be. If he was that much of an asshole why has it taken people so long to say anything.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

I think you should read up on what kind of guy Kyle was. I saw the film yesterday and really liked it, but the film isn't an accurate portrayal of the man.

He has said many times he "loves" killing people and doesn't care which side they're on. He also boasted about how he killed Hurricane Katrina looters.

And that's barely scratching the surface. So instead of being one-sided without knowing much about the issue, I highly suggest you actually read.

And pro Taliban? That's a goddamn stupid insult to hurl at someone.

It's even stupider because Taliban wasn't in Iraq.

Well said. Film's take angles, and this film clearly has taken it's own angle on the person it concerns to suit what Eastwood wants out of the film.

That's the thing Noctis, we were having a simple discussion, you were shedding light on something I knew nothing about and assumed by previous comments id seen on here and the film itself that he was just a normal war hero. It wasn't an argument no matter how much you clearly wanted it to be. If he was that much of an asshole why has it taken people so long to say anything.

People have been arguing about this in many sites, forums, etc.

Love you.

• Like 1

So far the movie is released only in the US (and Italy). Do you really expect most americans to denigrate their "war hero". It's just not logical. I mean, look at the enthusiastic response to the movie... 

And btw to all those saying this was a refreshing take on the modern war genre I think lone survivor was pratically the same as this.

However Lone Survivor showed the locals in a very positive limelight at the end. 

• Like 1

I didn't think it would increase by 15% on Saturday

Games today will have combined 100M+ viewers, most movies will get hit hard. I think AS drops around 35% which is line with RA and much better than LS which dropped around 50%. 

So far the movie is released only in the US (and Italy). Do you really expect most americans to denigrate their "war hero". It's just not logical. I mean, look at the enthusiastic response to the movie...

I would have thought some critics would have mentioned it by now, ive seen a slot of good reviews (and bad) from foreign critics and none had criticised the film for wrongly portraying the guy.