Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Well, the fight scenes were really good and as we've discussed before, goodwill for the show guaranteed it would never be an outright flop no matter what.

The trailers were actually quite enticing, and they even had a Super Bowl spot too. Paramount really killed it 5 years ago, it's sad to see them releasing so few movies nowadays.

Spongebob may end up being the biggest OW for an animated movie till Minions comes along. Pixar originals tend to do around 55M OW which is where I see Inside Out ending up on OW. Minions on the other hand, may hit 85M or more IMO.

Huge number for SpongeBob.

Why haven't we gotten an announcement about a big animated movie coming out at the start of next February?

Move Zootopia!

I think Zootopia may move like you said. Makes sense after seeing 2 consecutive animated breakouts.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Spongebob may end up being the biggest OW for an animated movie till Minions comes along. Pixar originals tend to do around 55M OW which is where I see Inside Out ending up on OW. Minions on the other hand, may hit 85M or more IMO.

I think Zootopia may move like you said. Makes sense after seeing 2 consecutive animated breakouts.

55m seems a bit low to me. Up adjusts to 75.7m, Wall-e to 72.9m and Brave, 67.8m.

How old was the child?

He looked about 5th maybe 4th grade. I just found it funny because i couldnt get my parents to go back in 04 either, they dropped me off with a cousin. BUT now my 48 year old mother wants to see this and is offering to take my cousin. She dorsnt care if its Sponggebob (like some), she just wants a good comedy.

Edited by Jandrew

Huge number for SpongeBob.

Why haven't we gotten an announcement about a big animated movie coming out at the start of next February?

Move Zootopia!

Illumination has The Secret Life of Pets for February 2016 and WB has animated films dated for February 2017 and February 2018. DWA also has Larrikin dated in February 2018

Of course, the last 3 movies before that almost grossed 2B WW combined, which got them that long leash. Now of course, it will be different moving forward.

The Wachowskis are just the latest of film makers who after too many expensive flops will likely won't be able to command huge budgets for their films. It happened to Bruckheimer after Lone Ranger,

My theater applauded at the end of the movie, and my non-movie fanatic friend liked it. Not saying it won't have bad legs but I don't think it's a guarantee.

Plenty of movies I've heard had theater applauses from various people, yet those films still dropped on their second weekend regardless.