Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Not surprised AS held so well. Last week was an anomoly, you honestly couldnt expect it to hold well last week. This week was going to be the true test of legs, and by the looks of it, its passing.

First R rated #1 since 98. I love this.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 4

Julianne Moore already bouncing back from Seventh Flop: 

Lionsgate has won a bidding war to snag the rights to Freeheld, which tells the true story of the late Laurel Hester, a police detective who fought government officials for equal treatment when she was diagnosed with cancer.

Julianne Moore stars as Hester while Ellen Page, who is also one of the producers, plays Hester's life partner, Stacie Andree.

In a contest that went overnight and into dawn in the German capital, the company beat out numerous other bidders, including Focus Features, Sony Pictures Classics, and Netflix, among others. The deal for North American rights was in the high seven figures, according to sources. Even more noteworthy is that the bidding war erupted after execs saw only a 12-minute sizzle reel, and not a completed film, since Freeheld is still in post.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-lionsgate-nabs-julianne-moore-770647

• Like 2

Looks like AS will beat MJ

Will be around 310 million by next Monday.

$310 million? How bad do you think it will drop next week? I have it at $325-330 million. Granted, I'm expecting an increase due to the holiday weekend and 50 Shades sellouts driving business for Sniper and Kingsman (both R-rated like Shades) 

BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY. Currently sitting on the river enjoying this and 100% clear sky. Doesnt get better than this.

Oops thought this was the CC thread lol.

Weather sucks here. Been raining for a week :/

Well that's because Interstellar was released 3 months ago silly.

I meant the opening night line for Interstellar ;)

The amusing thing about SpongeBob was that even though it was 90% full, the only people who were really laughing hard at the jokes were a few teenaged girls (high school or college, IDK) and I. Very enjoyable time.

• Like 1