Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Here's my thought on Monday morning at Paramount:They wil start to sing the best day ever song. While for Warner Bros or as I like to call to them warn a brother pictures:will be thinking about what to try to make successful next since Focus will be hard for them Run All Night might end up being another Walk Among Tombstones for Neeson and Get Hard will do fine although as the studio I agree and hope that those three will make some money but John Carter 2(whoops excuse me Jupiter Ascending) will be their biggest money loser in years.

Despite JA bombing, WB is still the biggest studio of the year by a mile so far, thanks to AMERICAN SNIPER.

Rank Distributor Market

Total

Gross*

Movies

Tracked

Movies**

1 Warner Bros. 31.4% $330.9 8 1
2 20th Century Fox 13.5% $142.8 8 1
3 Weinstein Company 10.5% $110.6 4 1
4 Universal 8.3% $87.5 4 2
5 Buena Vista 8.2% $86.4 5 1
6 Sony / Columbia 7.7% $81.6 5 1
7 Paramount 7.6% $80.6 5 1
8 Relativity 3.3% $35.0 4 2
9 Lionsgate 3.1% $32.9 4 2
10 Fox Searchlight 2.4% $25.8 2 0
  • Like 1

Spongebob opening at 55m is really a shock. There were a single prediction of this opening north of 40m a few months ago? Jesus.

Yes.

SB: $42M

AS: $22M

JA: $15-17M

SS: $5M

Spongebob is breaking out tomorrow. Keep having visions of Rth coming in here tomorrow afternoon going "atm looking like spongebob 13-15+, jupiter ascending 6-7, sniper 6-8, seventh son 2" $40M OW is looking pretty good, and the reviews are better than everyone would've thought. Can't wait.

This will definately increase overseas no doubt. As far as domestic, its harder because Spongebobs popularity wont be certain in 2014. Right now ill just say 42M OW/ 105-130M domestic.

• Like 2

The live action Pokemon movie should not focus on what the anime did. 

I'm not even sure it should star Ash, but if it did, then the movie would or should be more adult as opposed to appealing to kids.

There are like 5, 6? generations of Pokemon now, the majority of the Pokemon included should be from the first couple generations with cameos from the others and thus also allowing the storyline to perhaps be something like, our hero is...okay going to jump the shark here...a 30 year old Ash who after winning the League against Gary, fell into addiction and gambling and lost all his money and now lives in the gutter of a future sci-fi world...well it can go anywhere from here really. 

Great for Spongebob. Isn't it funny that all the animation studios are getting hits from everywhere and poor Dreamworks who try to replicate fail again and again. It's sad in its irony. 

Just as long as you don't want an Oscar nomination.

LEGO got nominated though for Original Song ;) I think it's the significant portion of live action the movie that did it in, the animated branch of the Academy might be purists