terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

My uncle is telling me that one of his friends who worked heavily on Chappie has been telling him how good he thinks the movie is and "god I hope it's a hit!!"

So when the RT score started coming out, my uncle and him kept monitoring it "oh it's down to 14% :("

"Wait wait its climbing back up to 50!"

So I told my uncle the Friday numbers and he texted his friend who was apparently extremely disappointed.

Sony is also extremely disappointed, I am sure.

• Like 1

Sony is also extremely disappointed, I am sure.

I'm sure it's performing as they expected at least as the release date came closer. The writing was on the wall that this wasn't going to do very well over the past two weeks or so.

I'm sure it's performing as they expected at least as the release date came closer. The writing was on the wall that this wasn't going to do very well over the past two weeks or so.

Almost everyone saw this coming in the Chappie thread - the late embargo, people talking about Alien and District 10 instead of this movie, the marketing which couldn't decide what it was selling all pointed to this.

• Like 1

So basically, this year will remind people that only tested brands can do big bucks.

But the biggest hits this year so far have been American Sniper, Kingsman, and Fifty Shades. Of all the big hits only SpongeBob was any kind of tested brand.

• Like 1

Yay, the Chicken Littles worried that Hollywood will abandon original sci-fi because of one stinker are starting to emerge!

2015 assures we won't see mega budget original Scifi...from the Wachowskis...and possibly Blomkamp (I'm not 100% sure he's burned all his D9 faith, though I won't be shocked if he has).

Original Scifi in general?

They'll make more.

• Like 1

AS wasn't close to the best movie of 2014, but it was better than MJ1 which was really forgettable. So, I am fine with it being #1 for 2014.

Top five of 2014

The LEGO Movie>Guardians of the Galaxy>Captain America: The Winter Soldier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mockingjay Part 1>>>>>>>>>>>>American Sniper

• Like 1

Top five of 2014

The LEGO Movie>Guardians of the Galaxy>Captain America: The Winter Soldier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mockingjay Part 1>>>>>>>>>>>>American Sniper

To me MJ1 was easily the worst. So forgettable. Captain America: The Winter Soldier was easily my favorite.

• Like 3