Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not as godly as Nolan or Villeneuve :redcapes: 

Yes he is.  Fight Club, Seven, Social Network, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl are some of the best movies ever.  Villeneuve's closest thing he's gotten is Sicario (haven't seen Arrival).  Nolan has two in there (Inception and Interstellar), but only Inception is as great as Fincher.

:redcapes: 

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goffe said:

it's like you came back a different person...

:qotd:

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yes he is.  Fight Club, Seven, Social Network, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl are some of the best movies ever.  Villeneuve's closest thing he's gotten is Sicario (haven't seen Arrival).  Nolan has two in there (Inception and Interstellar), but only Inception is as great as Fincher.

Sicario, Prisoners, Enemy and Arrival are a hell of a line up, IMO.

Nolan has Memento, Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight...

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

:kitschjob:

I mean, I don't wanna sound condescending or anything, and definitely didn't intend to cause Kitschface as a reaction :lol: I was thinking basically the same things you are just a few years ago. But the world of movies really is much bigger than I'd imagined, and that's awesome. 

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

I mean, I don't wanna sound condescending or anything, and definitely didn't intend to cause Kitschface as a reaction :lol: I was thinking basically the same things you are just a few years ago. But the world of movies really is much bigger than I'd imagined, and that's awesome. 

I realize how many movies I need to see :).

Boyhood will probably sit as my favorite movie of all time for a while, tho.  I don't see anything dethroning it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

You are quire right , there are Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston Comedies to investigate.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I realize how many movies I need to see :).

Boyhood will probably sit as my favorite movie of all time for a while, tho.  I don't see anything dethroning it.

Have you seen Linklater's later? Not as good as Boyhood but pretty great. Definitely in my 2016's top 3 so far.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

yeah I feel That Inception is the truly great Nolan film, Fincher is just about the greatest director of this generation.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1