Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice

JUPITER ASCENDING has finally matched its production budget with $175M in worldwide grosses.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice

ZOMBEAVERS failed to sink its teeth into audiences w/ $8,163 in 11 theaters--$742 per. Probably won't see GHOSTRICHES now.

• Like 2

Well, I knew that $12.8M that Lionsgate projected for Sunday was way too high. Given the Friday and Saturday estimates as compared to Divergent's Friday and Saturday (7 percent lower, less than 1 percent higher), what made them think Sunday would be 7 percent higher? I think they were just doing what they could to make the total "reach" $54M so they could say, "Look, it made basically the same number as Divergent!"

Insurgent weekend totals:

Friday:

Estimate: 21.3

Actual: 21.14

Saturday:

Estimate: 19.87

Actual: 19.68

Sunday:

Estimate: 12.8

Actual: 11.43

No article has anything on the 3D Share. Large Premium Format screens accounted for 17% of the opening weekend (almost all those screens play in 3D). Would be really useful to estimate tickets sold compared to Divergent. 

No article has anything on the 3D Share. Large Premium Format screens accounted for 17% of the opening weekend (almost all those screens play in 3D). Would be really useful to estimate tickets sold compared to Divergent. 

This is the one thing I really, really want to know, dang it.

I live near a pretty huge Dollar Theater (16 screens) that can often keep films for a crazy long time. Ouija, The Boxtrolls, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, and MALEFICENT are still showing there. :blink:[/quote

Maleficent, Holy shit!]

Maleficent, Holy shit!

American Sniper just finished 12 weekends in the top 12 (most likely its last weekend in there). Great run by the movie, was fun to track its box office. Always nice when a movie comes out of nowhere and defies all logic and expectations.