kayumanggi

THE GIFT | 08.07.15 | STX Entertainment | final domestic gross: $43,787,265

A man who was bullied in high school (Edgerton) sets out to get revenge on his tormentor (Jason Bateman)http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/the-gift-2015

I don't know if there's already a thread. I searched all archives and the forums but didn't see one.

Edited by kayumanggi

blumhouse-620x292.jpg

Can you really go through life having never wronged anyone? Even if you are unaware of how, or when, and even who you may have wronged… chances are there is someone out there who won’t ever forget it…or you.

Simon (Jason Bateman) and Robyn (Rebecca Hall) are a young married couple whose life is going just as planned until a chance encounter with an acquaintance from Simon’s high school sends their world into a harrowing tailspin. Simon doesn’t recognize Gordo (Joel Edgerton) at first, but after a seemingly coincidental series of encounters proves troubling, a horrifying secret from their past is uncovered after nearly 20 years. As Robyn learns the unsettling truth about what happened between Simon and Gordo, she starts to question: how well do we really know the people closest to us, and are past bygones ever really bygones? http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-images-from-matthew-mcconaughey-led-the-free-state-of-jones-the-secret-in-their-eyes-remake-and-more/

I watched the trailer yesterday on YouTube when it popped up when I was trying to watch something else. (Thank you, YouTube.) I was about to click to skip but I ended up watching the whole trailer because I was like ... what the eff? The whole thing just looked so weird and so silly and so ... this is a real movie? I love a good stalker story as much as the next person, but the exact premise just seems way too simplistic and weak. And silly. And it does look like one of those trailers which all but gives away the entire movie, except for one crucial question: What did Jason Bateman do to him? The problem is, the trailer doesn't really make me care to find out.

Lol...how many movies are releasing against Fantastic Four? Looks like no studio is scared of it at all.

All these movies will hurt F4.

This movie isn't making more than Mortdecai did on OW. It won't harm any movie it releases against. 

• Like 2