CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Its odd to some Vin Diesel is seen as  bad actor, but here guys find him 'cool guy' 

"i dont have friend I only have family'

Oh man it cracks me up each time...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pretty sure young people go to the cinema quite a bit...

Untrue older people go the cinema far more often actually. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Seriously though:

Fri: 64M

Sat: 40M

Sun: 26M

OW: 130M

That's an enormous Saturday drop.  Hopefully 25% is the highest it will decline.

Vin has charisma.  That spills over into his acting.  And given the right director, he can be very good.  His small role as Capparzo in Saving Private Ryan was really well done.

• Like 3

That's an enormous Saturday drop.  Hopefully 25% is the highest it will decline.

I took the Saturday drop by including the previews. I'm expecting the worst, praying for the best. I have it in a 130M-150M range for the weekend though.

• Like 3

Vin has charisma.  That spills over into his acting.  And given the right director, he can be very good.  His small role as Capparzo in Saving Private Ryan was really well done.

Vin made me cry last night; he's a good actor, mostly because he's not afraid to let himself be vulnerable.

Basically everyone in Fast and Furious made me turn around my opinion on them. Tyrese should be in more movies

• Like 2

Vin just flied and a tank just capsized and whatever. Fast 6, man. It will always be the craziest one. 

Any numbers yet? I am so pumped right now. 50M OD minimum. 

Its odd to some Vin Diesel is seen as  bad actor, but here guys find him 'cool guy' 

"i dont have friend I only have family'

Oh man it cracks me up each time...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Untrue older people go the cinema far more often actually. 

In the US maybe.

• Like 1

Vin made me cry last night; he's a good actor, mostly because he's not afraid to let himself be vulnerable.

Basically everyone in Fast and Furious made me turn around my opinion on them. Tyrese should be in more movies

The last scene is gonna kill me every time I watch the movie. I need to see it again in theaters soon...

• Like 1

The Rock is kind of like that too.

• Like 3

I find it astonishing that some people think Diesel is charismatic.

So it seems very likely F7 will break the April OW record by the end of Saturday. Damn.

Probably sometime around 10AM Saturday morning (EST).

This is hard to tell, Friday Business even with the large midnights will be far ahead of the past Fast and Furious films due to Good Friday.

I do wonder will it drop quite hard on Sat and Sunday as a result.

I think we have to see how much it does on non previews. A lot of people do know this but if a film does a lower preview to opening day total %, the weekend  holds are always great . 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Vin just flied and a tank just capsized and whatever. Fast 6, man. It will always be the craziest one. 

Any numbers yet? I am so pumped right now. 50M OD minimum.

I agree, everyone is saying 7 is even more crazy and OTT than 6 but I watched them together and 6 was defo crazier. Right from the beginning with those sliding metal killer racecars.

Were you even born when the original Fast and Furious came out?  I'm not being facetious, this is a serious question.  When I first saw him in that movie, his presence blew me away.  I knew that a star was born.

This is part of my review from 2001:

And of course there is Vin Diesel. He first made a name for himself in Saving Private Ryan where he played Capparrzo. Then he jumped onto the scene with his excellent and grandiose turn as Riddick in Pitch Black. I think this is the film that got him noticed because no one had even heard of him before this. Then he did Boiler Room and he showed a different side to him. But F&F is all muscle and sheer bravado. I think Vin is going to do great things in the years to come. He is not a nobody anymore. This film will take care of that. And face it, isn't it cool to see the genesis of a new action hero?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232500/reviews-77

He is charismatic. If you feel otherwise, then perhaps you didn't witness his genesis.

• Like 1

You admitted you havent seen many of his movies. You cant judge him off 1 movie/series. You need to see Pacifier, Saving Private Ryan, and XXX. If youre not willingly to see them then you cant really say that. His Fast persona is not the same in those movies. He even had a little charm in Babylon AD was one of the few things good about the movie.

I agree, everyone is saying 7 is even more crazy and OTT than 6 but I watched them together and 6 was defo crazier. Right from the beginning with those sliding metal killer racecars.

In my opinion, the plane drop scene on the mountain side takes the cake for F7 by itself. Not to mention the 3 building jump.

• Like 1