CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

You admitted you havent seen many of his movies. You cant judge him off 1 movie/series. You need to see Pacifier, Saving Private Ryan, and XXX. If youre not willingly to see them then you cant really say that. His Fast persona is not the same in those movies. He even had a little charm in Babylon AD was one of the few things good about the movie.

I thought he was awesome, truly awesome in Knockaround Guys.

I just love me some Diesel.

• Like 1

Is 15m good for this? 

And is Vin Diesel still in the closet? 

Its amazing ever since Previews era its the 5th best result

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part II (11/16/12) - $30.4 million

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (11/21/13) - $25.3 million

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (11/21/14) - $17 million

Iron Man 3 (8PM, 5/2/13) - $15.6 million

Look at this way it sold more tickets then IM3 (however it made 174 million on the weekend) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Its amazing ever since Previews era its the 5th best result

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part II (11/16/12) - $30.4 million

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (11/21/13) - $25.3 million

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (11/21/14) - $17 million

Iron Man 3 (8PM, 5/2/13) - $15.6 million

I thought he was just being funny.  

Is it a real question?

• Like 2

No, I haven't seen the first 4 Fast films. I've seen his last 3 FFs, Saving Private Ryan, and a couple of voice roles. I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on him.

He has that annoying grumbling mumbling voice where you can't tell what he's saying but you know you want him to stop. He speaks in a monotone voice with no sincerity or emotion. He's a genuinely awful screen presence and actor.

If this does say 17 mill for previews, then it will be quite a shock.  15 is already a shock, but 18 would just be like WOW!

No, I haven't seen the first 4 Fast films. I've seen his last 3 FFs, Saving Private Ryan, and a couple of voice roles. I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on him.

He has that annoying grumbling mumbling voice where you can't tell what he's saying but you know you want him to stop. He speaks in a monotone voice with no sincerity or emotion. He's a genuinely awful screen presence and actor.

Yep, you are entitled to your opinion. But to say that you find it astonishing that people find him charismatic is going to open you up to people defending him.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

15M!?

That's insane.

Let me get my Preview - OD Calculator out... :rolleyes:

That's over 50M today...

Its hard because out of all those films what can you compare to? 

Using Im3 you get 66 million

CF you get 42 million

(also lol just remember Im3 increased from 53 million from Fridays non previews to 62 million Saturday Woh!) 

I see 55 million 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think it's safe to say you're an outlier on that one, treeroy. I don't think he's a great actor, but he's good in his selected range and he's got nice charisma on-screen.

Diesel might not a great actor or even a really good one, but he's an awesome action hero.

• Like 2

Fast Five is the only film I've seen Vin in (excluding GotG and TIG) And I didn't think he was oozing charisma, but he was one of the better aspects of the movie.

As I said when Vin talks about family in Fast Five and Six the audiences just love that stuff, 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20614-1386205348-0.

Seems odd but it separates and is part of the appeal from other action franchises. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2