CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Stylistically they're all exactly the same.

I don't know a single quote from the entire Transformer series.

nononononononono

BUMBLEBEEEEE

I'm pretty sure those were in one of the TF movies.

• Like 1

Please don't use my age as an excuse for my ”poor" taste in film. I find that very offensive. If you think my taste is awful that's fine but don't blame my age.

Don't take offense. You're young, you're immature. There's absolutely nothing with that, by definition we ALL are when we're young. Even if you're "mature beyond your years", you're still remarkably limited when it comes to exposure of art, literature, worldview, life experience, etc. and again, there is nothing wrong with this because we all go through it. You're in the process of developing as a person: developing your tastes, interests, approach to life -- and these too will change with time. So don't worry about it and try not to get offended when people use your age as explanation, because it's not a pejorative. It's perfectly cool to think TRANSFORMERS is one of the greatest movies you've ever seen... because (by definition) you have far fewer points of comparison. And again, that's fine. Don't worry about trying to be an adult, just enjoy what you enjoy.

• Like 10

Damn clearly you ain't seen Armageddon

Also you may not like Bay but let's not say he's talentless, it just makes you look stupid.

I don't think I'd ever describe Armageddon as subtle.

• Like 3

Don't take offense. You're young, you're immature. There's absolutely nothing with that, by definition we ALL are when we're young. Even if you're "mature beyond your years", you're still remarkably limited when it comes to exposure of art, literature, worldview, life experience, etc. and again, there is nothing wrong with this because we all go through it. You're in the process of developing as a person: developing your tastes, interests, approach to life -- and these too will change with time. So don't worry about it and try not to get offended when people use your age as explanation, because it's not a pejorative. It's perfectly cool to think TRANSFORMERS is one of the greatest movies you've ever seen... because (by definition) you have far fewer points of comparison. And again, that's fine. Don't worry about trying to be an adult, just enjoy what you enjoy.

My favorite movie was Goodfellas when I was 5 tho...

• Like 1

Comparing Joker (character) to Paul Walker no disrespect to Walker but the Joker is on an iconic level that Walker hasn't reached. Well anyways both did great and its possible for Fast 8 to see an increase like TDKR did. And you don't think people saw TDK because of the circumstances and led to a bigger OW for TDKR. You really don't see the similarities?

Fast 8 won't have a higher opening than fast 7. TDKR saw an increase because it predecessor had amazing WOM and is considered one of, if not the best super hero movie of all time. Fast 7 won't have the same staying power imo and if anything, the lack of Paul Walker for future movies may hurt them.

• Like 1

Damn clearly you ain't seen Armageddon

Also you may not like Bay but let's not say he's talentless, it just makes you look stupid.

You could call Stanley Kubrick talentless, doesn't make you stupid. It's a perfectly legitimate opinion and no more right/wrong than people who think otherwise.
  • Like 2

You could call Stanley Kubrick talentless, doesn't make you stupid. It's a perfectly legitimate opinion and no more right/wrong than people who think otherwise.

I'm not sure I'd call it "legitimate". The onus is on you to provide reasons, otherwise it basically just comes down to baiting.

• Like 3

In that case, your taste downgraded over time. :P

Eh...

There were movies before Nolan and movies after Nolan. But we have had this discussion like 10x before.

• Like 2