CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Sorry, but are you saying that F7 opened up to 370 mill WW?  Is that what I'm reading?  

No. You are reading it wrong. It opened with 384M WW  :ph34r:

• Like 1

9th highest PTA adjusted for a non-3D movie in over 4000 theaters?
I got nothing. 

When we have to add that many qualifiers maybe it's just better to say it's really huge and leave it at that  :lol:

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

I know there's no way to put a number to it, but I feel like anyone saying there isn't such a thing as a "Ledger Effect" is deluding themselves.  

That was my only point but it's not just "Ledger Effect".  It's the "Death" effect.  You can trace it across many art forms but mostly in Music and Movies it seems there is popularity always around an artist "LAST" work.  No matter what it is.   So I think some people are saying "Look even if Paul lived it would of increased" and I agree with that even though it's a hypothetical.   But when I see 143 in April, I know for sure awareness was key here.  Paul Death brought awareness which most likely helped the box office.  But as we both said, you just can't put a number on it.  Just like we will never fully know what Heath's death brought to TDK Box Office.  But if you look at Fast 4-Fast 7 they increased every single movie OW so "Furious 7" would of broken 100 Million to me regardless.  

When we have to add that many qualifiers maybe it's just better to say it's really huge and leave it at that  :lol:

This is one of the reasons I love following box office, it's a lot like baseball with it's silly stats.  

This guy bats .295 against left handed pitchers at home.

• Like 3

2015 is 2012.

Its the year of the mega sequel dominance..... 

American Sniper = THG

Furious 7 = Avengers

Avengers 2 = TDKR  :ph34r:

S7ar Wars = Hobbit

:ph34r:  :ph34r: 

• Like 3

F7 is the kind of movie that I didn't love but liked, but felt such a connection with the end that I have seen it twice already and will definitely go a third.  It's an unconscious thing too.  I know it's not the best movie out there but the good stuff is so good that I have to see it again.

• Like 4

F7 is the kind of movie that I didn't love but liked, but felt such a connection with the end that I have seen it twice already and will definitely go a third.  It's an unconscious thing too.  I know it's not the best movie out there but the good stuff is so good that I have to see it again.

No one cares about small movies around me, it was all about Fast 7 and TA2 in my circles this year 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1