CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

The last 4 weeks have been pretty good in terms of openers, Cinderella with almost 70M, Insurgent with 52, Home with 50 and Get Hard with 32, and despite all the big openers, Furious 7 may reach 140 (depending on how much Good Friday has inflated OD numbers). Pretty good 4 week streak.

Next year has a pretty similar 4 week run through to Easter weekend with Zootopia, Warcraft, Allegiant P1 and KFP3, and BvS on Easter weekend. This may turn out to be a major release stretch in coming years as well as Summer gets more and more crowded.

• Like 1

On topic, for M:I:6 they should Fast+Furious it. I'd kill to see a movie with Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, Vanessa Redgrave, Thandie Newton, Brendan Gleeson, Anthony Hopkins, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Maggie Q, Simon Pegg, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Anil Kapoor, and Alec Baldwin.

Josh Holloway and Keri Russell can return too, back from the dead as the villains.

My official breakdown with this movie, predicted in OVER 120 million club.

Friday - $62,700,000 ($15,325,000 thursday)

Saturday - $41,005,000

Sunday - $33,295,000

$137,000,000 :D

• Like 2

The last 4 weeks have been pretty good in terms of openers, Cinderella with almost 70M, Insurgent with 52, Home with 50 and Get Hard with 32, and despite all the big openers, Furious 7 may reach 140 (depending on how much Good Friday has inflated OD numbers). Pretty good 4 week streak.

Next year has a pretty similar 4 week run through to Easter weekend with Zootopia, Warcraft, Allegiant P1 and KFP3, and BvS on Easter weekend. This may turn out to be a major release stretch in coming years as well as Summer gets more and more crowded.

There is no way Allegiant stays there :lol:

This has been happening over here in the last few years. Easter helps a lot with kids out of school.

This year's April looks absolutely horrendous, tho. I predict Fast 7 to win 4 weeks in a row (Unfriended needs to underperform, tho).

Edited by CJohn

Is F7's success a danger to Avengers 2 or a sign that Avengers 2 might overperform?

How exactly would it be a danger to Avengers? You realise Avengers is next month right?

Is F7's success a danger to Avengers 2 or a sign that Avengers 2 might overperform?

Probably neither. I think AOU is about as locked in the 200 OW range as can be possible. Will be surprised if it fluctuates much more than 15m above or below that. Though out of your two scenarios, I'd say the latter is much more likey.

How exactly would it be a danger to Avengers? You realise Avengers is next month right?

He said that because CA2 undeniably killed TASM2's position as the first big blockbuster of 2014. 

Paul_Blart_Mall_Cop_2_40989.jpg

Bomb.

My official breakdown with this movie, predicted in OVER 120 million club.

Friday - $62,700,000 ($15,325,000 thursday)

Saturday - $41,005,000

Sunday - $33,295,000

$137,000,000 :D

If Friday and Saturday hit your predictions, there is no way Sunday would hold that well unfortunately, Sunday will see around a 40-45% drop to 25-28M due to Easter Sunday (based on previous years).

• Like 1

If Friday and Saturday hit your predictions, there is no way Sunday would hold that well unfortunately, Sunday will see around a 40-45% drop to 25-28M due to Easter Sunday (based on previous years).

We shall see.

Remember when I predicted Paul Walker's death on the Need for Speed thread?   :(

It was such a weird post by you man.

I hope Paul Blart bombs. David Henrie needs to embrace his destiny in F8st.

208a2jt.jpg

He can be Lucas Black's love interest.

I support this because WHY NOT.

• Like 1

It was such a weird post by you man.

I support this because WHY NOT.

What ever happened to the love interest from Tokyo Drift? It's like she dropped off the face of the earth.