CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

My favorite movie was Goodfellas when I was 5 tho...

When I was in that age group my favorite movies were Total Recall, Terminator, Robocop.. I was raised on violent R rated films :D

When I was in that age group my favorite movies were Total Recall, Terminator, Robocop.. I was raised on violent R rated films :D

Good parenting.

Good parenting.

I think kids today would be better off with more F bombs and head shots in their films today. :ph34r::lol:  Kingsman was a breath of fresh air in a PG-13 world. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to Mad Max.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

When you are younger you cannot fully understand certain classics.

I always thought Lawrence Of Arabia as glorifying Lawrence as a hero however getting older it was very different film. 

• Like 2

You could call Stanley Kubrick talentless, doesn't make you stupid. It's a perfectly legitimate opinion and no more right/wrong than people who think otherwise.

No it's not an opinion, the guy clearly has talent. It's our opinions whether we choose to appreciate that talent or not. At the end of the day, he creates set pieces that other professionals try to replicate, he has a distinctive eye for the camera that can't be denied, that's his talent

• Like 1

When you are younger you cannot fully understand certain classics.

I always thought Lawrence Of Arabia as glorifying Lawrence as a hero however getting older it was very different film. 

When I was younger I just thought Lawrence of Arabia was a dreadfully long and boring film and had no idea why anyone would want to watch that movie. Had similar experiences with Vijay Anand's entire filmography, especially Guide, Jewel Thief and Teesri Manzil, was really glad when I did an entire retrospective watch of his filmography a few years ago, Guide may just be one of the best movies ever made.

My parents let me watch The Exorcist, Alien, and Predator when I was around 9.   The Exorcist scared the shit out of me and gave me nightmares, Alien scared me again and made me love scifi, and Predator made me a man.   Greatest parents ever.

• Like 5

Lawrence of Arabia is the biggest sausage fest in the history of film.

You thought Fast and Furious was macho and demeaning to women ?

Well, in Lawrence of Arabia, there is no women speaking, they just STFU the entire movie.

Powerful.

I'm not sure I'd call it "legitimate". The onus is on you to provide reasons, otherwise it basically just comes down to baiting.

No it's not an opinion, the guy clearly has talent. It's our opinions whether we choose to appreciate that talent or not. At the end of the day, he creates set pieces that other professionals try to replicate, he has a distinctive eye for the camera that can't be denied, that's his talent

Talent is subjective. If you can elaborate on your reasons for believing someone does not have talent then that's fine. It's just an opinion, and we don't all share the same views. :)

I have a friend with a taste in film that I think is very shallow. She thinks that thoughtful films, classics from the likes of Hitchcock or Kubrick, are rubbish. I don't agree with her opinion but neither of us are correct or incorrect. She isn't stupid for having that view, it's just a view. :)

• Like 2

No different than this shot:

Marilyn-Monroe-and-Tom-Ewell-from-The-Se

Don't you know, if it's any other director/actress combo, it's gold or passable, but if it's Michael Bay, for some reason it's horrible. Today, I watched Taxi Driver for the first time today, and one of the things  I noticed in this movie, made all the way in 1976, was product placement, from WonderBread, Budweiser, Coca Cola to RC Cola. But the same shit Michael Bay gets blasted for, and even blamed for being the only director to use it, when obviously he wasn't.

• Like 1

Don't you know, if it's any other director/actress combo, it's gold or passable, but if it's Michael Bay, for some reason it's horrible. Today, I watched Taxi Driver for the first time today, and one of the things  I noticed in this movie, made all the way in 1976, was product placement, from WonderBread, Budweiser, Coca Cola to RC Cola. But the same shit Michael Bay gets blasted for, and even blamed for being the only director to use it, when obviously he wasn't.

It wasn't product placement, they just shot in existing stores and locations.

Lawrence of Arabia is the biggest sausage fest in the history of film.

You thought Fast and Furious was macho and demeaning to women ?

Well, in Lawrence of Arabia, there is no women speaking, they just STFU the entire movie.

Powerful.

LOA wasn't demeaning to women at all.

• Like 1

I am very vocal about sexualisation and mistreatment of women in any film, and I'm fairly sure other forum members will vouch for me there.

I treat Bay the same as everyone else. I just happen to think he is sn absolutely terrible filmmaker in virtually every respect, and as a result I often find his films terrible too.

• Like 1