Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

My one solace is that I only spent $3 on my ticket. Maybe in a parallel timeline, I spent $9 and got Star Wars and Batman v Superman

Hey Blank, maybe you should make a Hitler video about this. The likes will just roll in.

We're really doing this?

The Empire Strikes Back

Batman Returns

Spider-Man 2

Superman II

The Dark Knight

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Avengers: Age of Ultron

The rest. Whatever.

• Like 5

The naming each other scene and the dance scene and all that stuff is so bad. I felt embarrassed for all the actors  :lol:

Both of those scenes are bad, yeah.

Iron Man 3 > Avengers 2 btw.

There are people who think otherwise? WTF?! 

btw Could you even imagine a movie like Batman Returns being made today?

No. Impossible.

I see 3 sellouts in Regal Union Sq, 3 more in Regal E-Walk and few other. There are enormous number of shows ahead in most markets. But we need big matinee for it to break record.

Yesterday it played from 7PM onwards and grossed 27.5m. How much bigger would be evening today. How big the morning/matinees will be. I am sensing sub 60m(minus previews) even with enormous number of shows.

FWIW, here's the past data I have for Opening Days (minus previews/midnights):

Morning/Matinees up to 4PM EST

DH2 - 24.0M

TDKR - 17.6M

TA - 14.9M

IM3 - 12.4M

TDK - 12.4M

IM2 - 8.4M

IM1 - 2.4M

Morning/Matinees up to 6PM EST

TDKR - 22.5M

TA - 22.0M

IM3 - 17.6M

THG - 12.9M

IM2 - 12.0M

IM1 - 6.3M

4PM - 6PM EST

TA - 7.1M

IM3 - 5.2M

TDKR - 4.9M

IM1 - 3.9M

IM2 - 3.6M

Evenings post 4PM EST

TA - 47.2M

IM3 - 40.9M

TDK - 36.3M

IM2 - 35.3M

IM1 - 30.2M

TDKR - 27.6M

DH2 - 23.6M

Evenings post 6PM EST

TA - 40.1M

IM3 - 35.7M

THG - 34.6M

IM2 - 31.7M

IM1 - 26.4M

TDKR - 22.7M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for AOU, maybe 17.5M through 4PM, 42.5M after?

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 2

We're really doing this?

The Empire Strikes Back

Batman Returns

Spider-Man 2

Superman II

The Dark Knight

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Avengers: Age of Ultron

The rest. Whatever.

Star Wars isnt a superhero movie?

btw Could you even imagine a movie like Batman Returns being made today?

No

And most of the fanboys have turned on those Burton Batman movies super hard anyway. Like, it's impossible for them to appreciate more than one iteration of Batman at a time for some reason

No

And most of the fanboys have turned on those Burton Batman movies super hard anyway. Like, it's impossible for them to appreciate more than one iteration of Batman at a time for some reason

Batman '89 is still my shit.

• Like 1

uncomfortable-gif.gif

my reaction when Depp started to dance 

I wanted to disappear without anyone noticing. Seriously, one of the most WTF moments ever.

I really don't think First Class is even close to better, personally. It's so good when it's about Fassbender and McAvoy but it's brutally unwatchable when they aren't on screen  :lol:

First class is almost a textbook example of an otherwise bad movie saved by its lead's performances.

Edited by Orestes

TDKR and DHII are bad comparisons for midnights, Both those movies had the "franchise finale" factor in it's favor, which was played heavily into the marketing, creating a sense you had to see te movie before, or along with, everyone else in the world. AoU doesn't have that urgency.

The midnight number is great for AoU. 100 OD in play.

Great first post.

The only thing that was better in IM3 was that Trevor got one of the biggest laughs of the entire MCU from me. There are some funny moments in TA2 but nothing on the level of Trevor. That said, Ultron is a hell of a lot better than that Extremis crap. Plus it has all of the other Avengers team members to counter-balance the egotistical Tony. Really enjoyed the different interactions between them in TA2.

But Stark is easily the best character out of all the avengers.

First class is almost a textbook example of an otherwise bad movie saved by it's leads performances.

True. They should have ended FC with Xavier and Eric as friends, and kept the falling apart for DOFP. But I realize they didn't know if there was ever going to be a sequel, so they had to end the movie with a lead-in to the first X-Men movie almost. Fox was really lucky that McAvoy and Fassbender were so good, else X-Men would probably be with Marvel Studios right now.

• Like 1