Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Both Electro and Lizard were pretty bad as the main villains. 

There's some fun stuff about electro in the first half of the movie. Lizard is, again, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Dane was the best casting decision of the two movies.

tumblr_nbts7nBmK21tlcevno2_500.gif

There's some fun stuff about electro in the first half of the movie. Lizard is, again, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Fun... in a bad way. But yeah, ok, I agree, Lizard was just bad and boring. 

• Like 1

marvel's biggest mistake was not including child/teen characters from the beginning that would have grown up over the years with the movies and had a similar impact to harry potter. this era of the mcu will end with iw2 after TEN YEARS just like harry potter and yet it has NO generation impact because it's so stagnant and no one grows up throughout it. not hating, i just think it would have been cool and a good move

Blame the fanboys on that one, who claim they hate kids in movies. Heck, Ironman 3 had a kid in it, and they bitched and bitched like crazy about it. Heck, Marvel right now is looking for a teen to play Spider-Man, and the comic book nerds are going apeshit about it. 

But I agree, the biggest fans of this franchise behind the fangirls, and the kids. And I'm pretty sure the kids are the ones buying up all of the toys.

Blame the fanboys on that one, who claim they hate kids in movies. Heck, Ironman 3 had a kid in it, and they bitched and bitched like crazy about it. Heck, Marvel right now is looking for a teen to play Spider-Man, and the comic book nerds are going apeshit about it. 

But I agree, the biggest fans of this franchise behind the fangirls, and the kids. And I'm pretty sure the kids are the ones buying up all of the toys.

Sometimes fanboys are the worst. Having a younger Parker makes for a potentially more interesting dynamic with the rest of the team, especially the big 4.

Fun is fun! When has fun ever been bad? (I'm talking about movie related fun, not 2am in the park fun)

True, true, I had fun with Giamatti and Electro. Speaking of 2 AM, it is 2 AM over here now so I am going to "sleep". See you all tomorrow with, hopefully, a 100M OD confirmed.

J83Qldr.jpg

seeing this almost made me want to see ASM2. Then I leard Pauly G's in it for like 5 minutes.

He is just there to set up Sinister Six and TASM3 :lol: 

True, true, I had fun with Giamatti and Electro. Speaking of 2 AM, it is 2 AM over here now so I am going to "sleep". See you all tomorrow with, hopefully, a 100M OD confirmed.

4am, bitch.

Yep for example TA 58 million is 48 million now in USD (was at par in 2012)

However in AOU favour ticket prices are higher and AVX, and VIP are hugely popular.

Speaking of higher ticket prices... Dark Shadows took away a large chunk of Avengers' IMAX screens its second weekend because of contractual obligations to WB. Hard to imagine that's happening this time around, so should bode well for AOU's second weekend

Andrew Garfield was the best part of the new series, wish they would bring him in the Marvel Universe so to see how he would cope after you know what.

Andrew Garfield was better than Tobey Maguire, IMO. I wish Marvel would use him instead of rebooting again, but I understand why they are doing it.

Speaking of higher ticket prices... Dark Shadows took away a large chunk of Avengers' IMAX screens its second weekend because of contractual obligations to WB. Hard to imagine that's happening this time around, so should bode well for AOU's second weekend

What would take the IMAX screens away next weekend anyway? Hot Pursuit :lol: ?

• Like 1

Andrew Garfield was the best part of the new series, wish they would bring him in the Marvel Universe so to see how he would cope after you know what.

Garfield is an exceptional actor, it's a shame he isn't staying.

Andrew Garfield showing up in Avengers would require it to have a Mumford & Sons montage in the middle of the movie for no reason. it's in his contract that there has to be a scene with him doing nothing set to the whitest music on his iPod.

• Like 6

I'm hoping it pushes over 100m, almost first 100m OD is no fun

If it gets close, Disney will fudge it over the 100M milestone and honestly I wouldn't have much problem with it.