Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

There was a little boy in a Captain America suit during my showing tonight. It made me smile. We all(most of us) love these movies but imagine how much these kids love them more, to see all their heroes on the screen - comic come to life. The first time I saw Spider-Man I was completely blown away. I had grown up on super heroes and now I was seeing him in the flesh and it was even more amazing than I could ever imagine. Those moments are really special and I will always treasure them. When we're adults we are more cynical and I really do envy those kids being able to go into these films and be awed by these titans.

• Like 6

I thought it might as well. A little surprising that it managed to climb back up a bit from 71 or whatever it was at.

It's an AMAZING superhero sequel. It has literal 100% among my favorite critics. These superhero films are at a league of their own at this point. Avengers is changing the game. Again. 

Not sure if the awkward silence is because the numbers are so boring or because they are too busy tallying so much up..

10pm on the west coast. Still have 11, 12, 1 and in some cases 2am shows left. 

I saw a NYC theater with a 3am show time with quite a few seats sold.

We need west coast to represent to have a shot at 100M OD and I do think they're going to deliver.  :D

I have to give NYC props. They went hard for TA tonight. 3am show time? I don't think west coast is that hard core, lol.

• Like 1

I have to give NYC props. They went hard for TA tonight. 3am show time? I don't think west coast is that hard core, lol.

Furious 7 had shows round the clock at some theaters in NYC. Not that surprising.

Disney reporting #AvengersAgeOfUltron on course to finish opening wknd in $200-210M range, right near 1st #Avengers.

If Disney is saying 200-210M, doesn't look like a 100M OD is coming our way.

Yeah probably not. Ah well. Maybe it'll happen with Episode 8.

Edited by Orestes

There was a little boy in a Captain America suit during my showing tonight. It made me smile. We all(most of us) love these movies but imagine how much these kids love them more, to see all their heroes on the screen - comic come to life. The first time I saw Spider-Man I was completely blown away. I had grown up on super heroes and now I was seeing him in the flesh and it was even more amazing than I could ever imagine. Those moments are really special and I will always treasure them. When we're adults we are more cynical and I really do envy those kids being able to go into these films and be awed by these titans.

Keep your child's spirit when you grow up.

Furious 7 had shows round the clock at some theaters in NYC. Not that surprising.

However it was far less screens.

Not comparable at all. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Are you a psychic or just a fanboy?

One doesn't have to be either to believe it at this point.

Rth's upper range was 100 and I haven't seen anything that would make me think lower at this point.

In fact it sounds like it is still going strong on the East Coast even after 12