Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

When RTH comes on late in the afternoon, I guarantee his number will be much higher.. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for falling for this same shit you did back in 2012. Yu call yourselves box office experts but have basically failed..

Who cares if it breaks any records or not? It's still on course for at least 200m this weekend.

It's impressive, but I'm telling you, it's going to go up, but people have a hard on to see this fail for some reason.. I find it hard to believe that 4 other sites we're reporting in the high 90's, all unanimous with it, then Deadline says it's 85M and everyone jumps on it like it's sealed and delivered and it's the same thing that happened in 2012 is happening all over again..

But 90s estimates were from yesterday afternoon, while Deadline's 85M was literally published just 45 minutes ago, so ...

• Like 1

It's impressive, but I'm telling you, it's going to go up, but people have a hard on to see this fail for some reason.. I find it hard to believe that 4 other sites we're reporting in the high 90's, all unanimous with it, then Deadline says it's 85M and everyone jumps on it like it's sealed and delivered and it's the same thing that happened in 2012 is happening all over again..

What's happening right here is the OPPOSITE of what happened to the first film. Everyone underestimated that one. Everyone's overestimated this. 

Friday's over in the States. And it has been for a while. So the $85m is a close number. 

Anyone unimpressed with an 85 million opening day really needs to get their fucking heads examined.

Seriously. Even if you really are, just keep it to yourself. You look foolish and nitpicky. 

I think it should consider itself lucky it's even close to the first movie's opening day.

Edited by tribefan695

You find it hard to believe that a number can change, the later it gets? (i.e. the more accurate it gets)

And thanks for the "I'm telling you", I mean you are such a trustworthy source. :P

• Like 1

Don't take offense. It's not worth wasting your fingers typing a response. The 91m(and especially the midnights) will still be an amazing accomplishment. Whether you factor in the extra hours, inflation or other factors, nothing will take away how hard DH2 broke the record. Spider-Man's 114,8m OW 13 years ago, Batman's 40m 26 years ago are still just as big as TA's 200m because of how much of an impact these events had on the industry. Ben Hogan destroyed the lowest score ever at the Masters Golf Tourney in 1953. Even though his score has been beaten many times since(including by Jordan Spieth this year), there remains a revered plaque on the course that commemorates his score, and people still marvel at it because at the time he accomplished the feat it was unheard of. No matter what AOU's opening day comes up to, it will not diminish DH2's OD one bit. ;)

And it looks like DH2's going to keep it DESPITE FIVE EXTRA HOURS. 

I'll give this one more try, BKB by this time the number is pretty much the most accurate. Estimates will be up in a few hours. (Same for Furious 7 OD, by this time of day the number was pretty much 67-68m which was accurate). 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ