Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

So we're not allowed to be disappointed by this number. 85m OD means 190m OW, 190m OW means 450m-475m Total. A 8.2% drop from TA OW and a 23.4%-27.4% drop from TA total. How is that not disappointing?

So, Avengers got $80.8m OD and reached $207m, but AoU got $85m and would reach $190m OW? Man, you need to brush up your maths, it's quite worrying.

And you can be disappointed guys, but please don't show us how embarrassing you are because it's not disappointing at all...That only means one thing : you don't live in reality and you're not cautious, a life lesson of sort.

Edited by Fullbuster

So we're not allowed to be disappointed by this number. 85m OD means 190m OW, 190m OW means 450m-475m Total. A 8.2% drop from TA OW and a 23.4%-27.4% drop from TA total. How is that not disappointing?

It is disappointing. I was expecting a small increase on OW for AoU.

So, Avengers got $80.8m OD and reached $207m, but AoU got $85m and would reach $190m OW? Man, you need to brush up your maths, it's quite worrying.

It is not ridiculous at all to project AOU having shorter legs than TA.

That won't work this way, not this year given AoU will be higher than FF7 worldwide.

That's obvious. But its not just a matter of tickets sold and money earned. I'm talking about the most Incredible run. F7s run is one of the most incredible and expectations-defying one in the past decade while AOUs run is mostly either on line with expectations or below them. You may go read the 'record no of billion dollar movies' thread for more on this. Me and Jessie argued a lot about which run was more incredible Frozens or F7s.

• Like 1

So we're not allowed to be disappointed by this number. 85m OD means 190m OW, 190m OW means 450m-475m Total. An 8.2% drop from TA OW and a drop of between 23.4% and 27.4% from TA total. How is that not disappointing?

:stretcher:

It is disappointing. I was expecting a small increase on OW for AoU.

Oh, it's Monday already? You saw the future?

Seriously guys, stop saying ridiculous things like without thinking...

Long-term legs ok, OW legs? No..

Assuming Ultron performs exactly like TA1, yeah sure....  ;)

• Like 1

It is ridiculous though to say an 85M OD is disapointing. 190M is a good number, it's second all time for christ sake.

I think yesterday/today is yet another refresher course on BOT that expectations have to be kept very well in check in spite (and especially) of early estimates.  Because yeah, 85M is so nothing to sneeze at and is an amazing number, but obviously not when you were expecting high 90s.

• Like 2

And you can be disappointed guys, but please don't show us how embarrassing you are because it's not disappointing at all...That only means one thing : you don't live in reality and you're not cautious, a life lesson of sort.

The previews for AOU were 9m higher than TA midnights but the business during Friday would have been 5m lower. Since the business during Friday was lower than TA business during Friday, it can be assumed that there is less interest in AOU then there was for TA and that the previews are only higher due to this being a sequel and show times beginning 7PM Thursday.

Basically 190m OW is where it will end up if it acts like the other Marvel movies in terms of how much they made on Saturday and Sunday relative to Friday minus previews/midnights.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 1

Fullbuster, please, please, don't act like BKB. You're much more sane and ready to accept reality than him (and i know I'm going to regret writing this later part about accepting reality). Please don't go down on his turf. You feel the no isn't disappointing while some do. You atleast have to concede that its perfectly normal to feel disappointed by this as this isn't an outright winner so let everybody feel their way.

Edited by Infernus

On another note, there was discussion here yesterday that said maybe AOU's Saturday won't show the typical Marvel movie behavior (i.e., minimal Saturday drop) since the Friday number would be too big (this was when Rth came out with the 95-100M number).

It'll be interesting to see what it does now, given that it's "only" at 85M.