Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Anyone unimpressed with an 85 million opening day really needs to get their fucking heads examined.

It is impressive and any studio would kill for that number.  

Though you gotta admit that given the comparisons with the first film and the earlier estimates that ranged from 85-100M, it's disappointing to see it end up at the lowest end of that range.

It is impressive and any studio would kill for that number.  

Though you gotta admit that given the comparisons with the first film and the earlier estimates that ranged from 85-100M, it's disappointing to see it end up at the lowest end of that range.

Furious 7 just became the biggest boxoffice story of the year, NOT AoU.

• Like 1

Just woke up. It is a fantastic number

But I am disappointed. The movie had everything in place to break opening/single day record.

There is a fight tonight, and not just any fight. I understand that millions won't even watch it, but I had to see movie yesterday because of it.

Movie came from grossing an absurd money, no competition, grossed almost $8 million more in previews than original and could not hit $92 million.

It's okay. I've been wrong before. It will not be the last time. But yes, a little disappointed.

tumblr_n2jfuiOzm91rk8tvco2_250.gif

The Avengers : $80.8m OD

Age of Ultron : $85m OD

The Avengers has been bested, good job Disney :D

That's a wonderful number!!!

No.

Well, it doesn't mean the OW will be higher but thank you for a rational post in this sea of madness.

Kinda feels like 2012. I wasn't even interested in box office back than but reading a few threads of the time its clear that Everybody thought it will be the year of Dark Knight Rises and Avengers came out on top. Its the same with F7 and AOU this year.

Edited by Infernus

Just woke up. It is a fantastic number

But I am disappointed. The movie had everything in place to break opening/single day record.

There is a fight tonight, and not just any fight. I understand that millions won't even watch it, but I had to see movie yesterday because of it.

Movie came from grossing an absurd money, no competition, grossed almost $8 million more in previews than original and could not hit $92 million.

It's okay. I've been wrong before. It will not be the last time. But yes, a little disappointed.

I'm so sorry for your prediction. It must have been brutal to see this doing $85m when you were predicting $108m. 

• Like 1

Well, it doesn't mean the OW will be higher but thank you for a rational post in this sea of madness.

I don't know about the OW, we'll see.

But yeah, some people need to come back to Earth because their reaction is utterly preposterous...

So we're not allowed to be disappointed by this number. 85m OD means 190m OW, 190m OW means 450m-475m Total. An 8.2% drop from TA OW and a drop of between 23.4% and 27.4% from TA total. How is that not disappointing?

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 2

Kinda feels like 2012. I wasn't even interested in box office back than but reading a few threads of the time its clear that Everybody thought it will be the year of Dark Knight Rises and Avengers came out on top. Its the same with F7 and AOU this year.

That won't work this way, not this year given AoU will be higher than FF7 worldwide.

I don't know about the OW, we'll see.

But yeah, some people need to come back to Earth because their reaction is utterly preposterous...

I will say a 100m OD would have been absolutely awesome.  :(

I'm so sorry for your prediction. It must have been brutal to see this doing $85m when you were predicting $108m.

Yeah, got carried away there. But I was fine with the early projections. I really thought business would pick up like they always do in this type of mega box office movies. It appears studios or theaters thought so with adding more shows and thus the predicted of $95-$100 million surfaced.

People didn't actually buy the tickets...lol

It's good to know how the business work for those projections, unless I read it wrong.