Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Yeah but I don't see how that dismisses fatigue, just seems like another way of stating it.  Interest for this wasn't as high as for the first one, and fatigue (from superhero/action/MCU or whatever else) was part of the reason why.

It s difficult to reproduce a first time thrill, the zeitgeist moment thing.

Yes, but I'm not implying that fatigue is the ONLY factor that there was a drop.  Just that it is one. 

It's not a factor at all. For there to be fatigue the people who are not seeing the movie must have become bored of a constant barrage of Superhero movies. How could that be the case when these are people who probably aren't actually watching these movies?

Edited by Caesar

In the San Antonio area and South Texas? Because it's their only professional sports team. Kind of a big deal to them. 

I can see in San Antonio but I thought people were talking about all of the US would be affected. 

It's not a factor at all. For there to be fatigue the people who are not seeing the movie must have become bored of a constant barrage of Superhero movies. How could that be the case when these are people who probably aren't actually going to these movies anyway?

Because that is not the case for 100% of the people who didn't see this yet.  

I can see in San Antonio but I thought people were talking about all of the US would be affected. 

It will to some small degree, in the same way that other playoff games do.

NHL/NBA playoffs always happen in May and nobody brings those  to affecting a films box office. 

I'v seen the more high-profile games brought up before every year, BUT they typically occur on weekdays so its only ever mentioned in the daily threads.