Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Giantcalbears making an ass of himself. Lol.

Seriously. He's making us Bay Area folks look bad.

Any normal box office follower would be rooting for broken records. He's rooting for this movie to bomb and he's enjoying a "mere" $187M opening. It's quite sad.

• Like 1

Define 'fine.'

450-500 mill WW, posibly more depending on how good the movie is. The budget for this is probably closer to the Phase 1 films (i.e. 150 mill ish) so it should turn a decent profit.

Well, I was disappointed first, even if $188m is a good number...But now I heard of this fight of the century I can understand why it was not bigger, millions of people wanted to stay at home instead of watching this, thinking they could watch it later.

The bright side : the fight is over, Mayweather got his victory and now they'll go watching the movie -> great hold next weekend.

• Like 1

I think now $525 million DOM is maximum (it won't touch TDK :D)!

OS looks great but no jaw-dropping. China must go with much over $200 mln or AoU will lose with Furious 7 WW! Without China AoU would barely cross $700 mln OS.

Furious 7 really could be the biggest movie of the 2015! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Great point but at the moment 'common sense' doesn't work here.

Some people see 'logic' as a form of excuses.

I don't think there was anyone on here, apart from BKB, who didn't expect AOU to gross less than the first for its final total.

This is opening weekend people are talking about, not its final gross.

• Like 1

450-500 mill WW, posibly more depending on how good the movie is. The budget for this is probably closer to the Phase 1 films (i.e. 150 mill ish) so it should turn a decent profit.

We'll see.

187 users viewing this topic right now for me, what a cowinkydink! 

Look, of course in a vacuum, it's an incredibly amazing number that shatters anything we thought possible ten years ago. But standards have changed. In 1960, Paul Blart 2 would have had record-shattering numbers- that doesn't mean it's just a mediocre gross today. I know that's a bad analogy but it's fair for people to be disappointed when expectations and box office trends have clearly been pointing in one direction. yes, perspective and everything, I agree, but from most people's perspective in 2015, that's a bit of a letdown. Not meltdown worthy, but a letdown.

Seriously. He's making us Bay Area folks look bad.

Any normal box office follower would be rooting for broken records. He's rooting for this movie to bomb and he's enjoying a "mere" $187M opening. It's quite sad.

Lol posts like this are why I'm so happy, please keep giving me more attention

FLLOOOPPPP!!!!!

The Avengers was an "event" movie devloped and marketed in a unique way. I would not even place it in my top five comic book movies. So you have the loss of novelty, and multiple Marvel films dealing with the same characters (IM3, Thor 2, Captain America 2) and Marvel films that use the same formula (Guardians), making the movie stale. Of course there will be some loss of interest.

It may end up below $500 million US.  

LOL. And Neo and those argued that 250M was possible....... :rofl:

POTTER STILL STANDS BITCHES.

Well it had a chance and you never making a prediction maybe post OS numbers but most likely during the weekend. lol lol lol :sadno::stooges:

So... Well AOU is over Potter in the weekend..so...