Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Well, my father and I went to a crowded 1 P.M. showing, and now we are unable to find parking in a lot that happens to be near a theater. And now there's all these posts saying business is up from yesterday.

I'm not going to jump on the "Sunday increase!" bandwagon though. Doing that this weekend has proven costly. In fact, the projected Sunday hold is extremely generous as it is. Nope. Can't do it. Will wait for results instead.

Just let it go guys, seriously.

Let me explain. BOM members will remember me being hugely excited for IM2, and I was crushed when it didn't do nearly as well as it should. I even saw IM2 three times in theaters.

I love IM1. IM2 lulls a bit but I think it's pretty underrated. I also think Thor is very charming. But it's when Phase 2 happened that my appreciation for Marvel plummeted.

I thought CA1 was eh. Iron Man 3 was decent, but nothing great. The Avengers was completely and utterly mediocre. Guardians of the Galaxy is also wildly overrated. Chris Pine's charisma and dorky charm saves it. But they all feel so fucking similar despite having different characters and worlds. Like a checklist to make sure every character has a funny moment. It all became so superficial. None of them are bad films, but each one is inundated by so much mediocrity.

TWS was fantastic, though.

BO means shit to me when I judge a film. DH1 is my favorite Potter film ever, but I never complained that Eclipse beat it domestically because it's the only Twilight film I liked.

I'll probably see AOU soon. And even if it had dethroned Potter, it wouldn't dampen the film for me.

Thanks. 

My fave Harry Potter is still POA. Most of the them are great, but I was a bit disappointed with Half Blood Prince, because the book itself was so good.

Thanks. 

My fave Harry Potter is still POA. Most of the them are great, but I was a bit disappointed with Half Blood Prince, because the book itself was so good.

Plenty of members here consider HBP one of the best even though a lot of them were mixed on it in the beginning. It's a film that grows on you.

• Like 1

It's rare one is as big as Money vs. Manny. Also, two(3 if you count the NFL Draft) other big sporting events in the same day is rare. It was a day where a lot of people just had sports on their mind the whole day.

Also look at the times of each event:

Derby - Afternoon

NBA Playoffs - Evening

NFL Draft - Afternoon and evening

May Vs Manny - Late Night

I mean Sports locked up Saturday pretty much all day.  Not shocked by the Westcoast stories I'm hearing.  

• Like 3

Everyone thinks she is beautiful. You are alone on that ridiculous opinion over here.

Oh, I don't think so. All I know, my favorite actress for the role was Charlize Theron (who is fucking gorgeous) and runner up, Jamie Alexander, and well, we know how that turned out.

It's rare one is as big as Money vs. Manny. Also, two(3 if you count the NFL Draft) other big sporting events in the same day is rare. It was a day where a lot of people just had sports on their mind the whole day.

I know the fight was big, but people are bringing up all sorts of football games and horse racing???

Do people really care about the NFL Draft by the time Saturday comes around? Most of the attention is on Thursday when the early rounds are done.

No, not at all. Only the hardest of the hardcore