Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

That's a smart thing to do. Either way, you make money, and watching a fight with friends is way better than watching the fight alone.

I am not watching it alone thought I follow indian "host" protocol and incur the expense for everyone as its my birthday.

Fuck it doing it Western everyone pays a share ! 

However alcohol will be mine. 

We have Black Label and Crowne Royale.

We be less wasted then Notcis though after finishing the bottle though. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

BKB's criticism of RTH doesn't even make sense.

He dislikes RTH for getting the estimates wrong, but he then criticizes others for expecting RTH to always get the estimates right.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

• Like 2

While 84M is still the second biggest number ever, it is kinda shocking to wake up to after all the hype last night. I won't gloat and gloat if my 195 comes true, but i will say I hope this weekend has taught us to keep things in perspective. $250M OW??? 650 totals? Didn't someone create an Age of Ultron all time club? We have to predict with more insight and less fanyboyism. 

Everyone would love to see a big flashy 250M OW, but seriously, going from 207 to 250 in a 3 year span? No matter how much a movie is loved, we know that's not going to happen. And it shouldve always been obvious that this beating TA1 was always going to be a bigggggggggggg stretch. Same with TDK to Rises. People want to keep going on about the shooting (you really should let it go, peoples lives were more important than BO numbers), but without it, Rises still wouldn't have came close to TDK. TDK and TA set impossible bars. You could even say the same about SM1.

You have to use more real world logic and metric. And you have to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. For a lot of you, under 200M was a ZERO percent possibility. You can't do that. You still have to assume it could happen, while hoping for over 200M. None of us are physic, but we all understand anything can go, so lets act like it.

And people also have to remember that nothing is official, till its official. You may turn in you exam paper at 6PM, but the professor isn't gonna due anything with it until 12, when its officially due. President Cheeto may win the preliminary votes, but until they do recounts and all precincts are closed, nothing is official, President Llama can still win. I love RTH, Deadline, Variety, etc, but you have to remember theyre all still estimates. Don't mock RTH for being so far off, he never said it was 100%, so we can't keep taking it as so. Once Mojo post the number or Exhibitor send outs the tweet: you can lock and seal it. Oh well. 

So no one should see this is as disappointing. #2 opening of all time, that's uh...really solid. Problem is you have to put things in perspective, and predict and expect with the real world, not what numbers you want to see. Hopefully this will carry on to BvS, SW7 ($200m OW in December predicts, really? Here we go again), all other Marvels, Hunger Games, Bond, Fast, etc. Big numbers are fun, but having a little more sense would suck out some of the disappointment and pessimism that we seem to see repeated.

Great post. I almost hear epic 'hope' music form ending of neverexisted movie in background when I read it.

BKB's criticism of RTH doesn't even make sense.

He dislikes RTH for getting the estimates wrong, but he then criticizes others for expecting RTH to always get the estimates right.

We're also fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But once you step into this thread...

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Well lol I think I am debating of charging people to see it now.

10  bucks each.

Lol thinking of cost benefit analysis. 

How many people? If you can get at least 10 of them to chip in $10 each, you at least break even on it...which would be quite good in the rare event the fight is over in 20 seconds.

How many people? If you can get at least 10 of them to chip in $10 each, you at least break even on it...which would be quite good in the rare event the fight is over in 20 seconds.

Well it be 8 people at 10 bucks.

However the alchol expense and food is 200+ from my pocket lol so who really cares about the 20$ bucks extra. 

I wonder how Civil War will compare to this, since even though it's billed as a Captain America movie it actually has more heroes in it than either this or the first film. One of whom is Spider-Man (who despite ASM1/2's decreases, a new one that teams up with the Avengers will inevitably draw attention).

I mean it has at minimum 7 heroes (and those are only the official ones), and could get as high as 12.

Edited by SpiderByte

Ok.. I'm outta here for awhile til this blows over, but you folks are taking this a little too seriously for your own good.. The ass kissing of this guy is mind blowing.. :rolleyes: 

Nothing needs to blow over. Everything is fine, its you that are chastising Rth forgetting Friday weekend est not on target. Like it was said he gave them to us really early. Move on BKB.

• Like 1

Ok... I'm outta here for awhile til this blows over, but you folks are taking this a little too seriously for your own good... The ass kissing of this guy is mind blowing...  :rolleyes: 

Oh, now you're leaving because your ass is getting dragged, and you're going to run away because no one is really defending you or kissing your ass.

Bye.

tumblr_inline_nllpkzl3kO1t2zszh.gif

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt
  • Like 2

Bkb feeling now how people felt on TDKR numbers coming in.

I feel for you man. Chill. This weekend at the very least will be the second biggest of all time and probably wont be beaten anytime soon either.