Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

LOL forget about Age of Ultron beating its predecessor's WW tally, Furious 7 is gonna beat Avengers 1's WW total.  Fucking hell.

ff7-04-rock-gun1.gif?w=650

Furious 7 has to be the WW box office story of the year. Everyone saw it increasing, no one saw it increasing this much.

• Like 5

I didn't think it's going to brake TA record either but I thought it was a wishful thinking. I was surprised how upset I was when I got what I wish for. Now the saddest part is a movie that finally break the record could be a worse movie than AOU.

Oh don't be sad. We have no control over that. It's gonna be whatever the majority decides. The fun is in watching it all unfold. At least it is for me. 

• Like 1

Furious 7 has to be the WW box office story of the year. Everyone saw it increasing, no one saw it increasing this much.

Unless Star Wars does something absolutely crazy like 2B it will be

• Like 1

Not much.

We've all decided that Harry Potter was a mediocre franchise, though.

The biggest selling book franchise of all time I believe.

I hear they made a movie or 2 from the books... wonder how that worked out.

I will say, I hope the 2020's provides us with more diversity in terms movie hits. Disney owns the 3 highest openers, and theyre all frigging Iron Man movies. 6 of the top 10 is CBM's. Everything else is a dang book. I hope the romantic comedies, or PG-13 comedies, or 2D animation, or westerns, penguin movies, or SOMETHING makes a comeback in a big way, because thisll be getting zzz worthy after all.

• Like 1

The biggest selling book franchise of all time I believe.

I hear they made a movie or 2 from the books... wonder how that worked out.

They ended up making about 7 movies.

They weren't great, but if Scary Movie can have 5 movies I don't see why Harry Potter couldn't take mediocrity two films further.

• Like 1

I will say, I hope the 2020's provides us with more diversity in terms movie hits. Disney owns the 3 highest openers, and theyre all frigging Iron Man movies. 6 of the top 10 is CBM's. Everything else is a dang book. I hope the romantic comedies, or PG-13 comedies, or 2D animation, or westerns, penguin movies, or SOMETHING makes a comeback in a big way, because thisll be getting zzz worthy after all.

Who knows but I think big action films will dominate.

Fast 7 shows people want action. 

Oh don't be sad. We have no control over that. It's gonna be whatever the majority decides. The fun is in watching it all unfold. At least it is for me.

I don't know if I can have fun watching a movie I don't like breaking the record. I don't have that sense of sportsmanship. I'm getting bitter and bitter as we speak because FF7 keeps taking up the money when in fact I don't even hate that movie, just think it's overrated.

So The Dark Knight trilogy will remain the highest grossing trilogy domestically since TA3 is split in 2.

that can't be true the first one only made like 200... 1186 total

lotr 1030... even if you count the first 3 potc as a "will and elizabeth trilogy" it's only 1037. DAMN. uhh prequel trilogy 1113 FUCK. i mean obviously this isn't adjusted. there has to be something though. would have been thg if they didn't split. wait raimi spiderman FUCK 1112. you win

RomComs are gone.

Why pay to take your girl out to see a RomCom at the cinema, when you could watch one on netflix, on TV, at home, where the bed is.

I don't know if I can have fun watching a movie I don't like breaking the record. I don't have that sense of sportsmanship. I'm getting bitter and bitter as we speak because FF7 keeps taking up the money when in fact I don't even hate that movie, just think it's overrated.

Understandable.