Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

We absolutely can't assume a 7m underestimate. You're using estimates from another source, from another franchise, on a different weekend. We can't even assume a 7m underestimate based on Disney's estimates for TA1. Each run is its own, unique thing. If anything, we have to assume that Disney is now a bit better at tracking one of their own mega-openers.

I thought usually the distributing studio was pretty tight-lipped on these things. Usually the "sources" feeding Nikki, Gitesh, etc. would be the other studios who also have access to a lot of the same data.

We absolutely can't assume a 7m underestimate. You're using estimates from another source, from another franchise, on a different weekend. We can't even assume a 7m underestimate based on Disney's estimates for TA1. Each run is its own, unique thing. If anything, we have to assume that Disney is now a bit better at tracking one of their own mega-openers.

Universal isn't? Variety's wouldn't it have been more on the Gitesh?

I thought usually the distributing studio was pretty tight-lipped on these things. Usually the "sources" feeding Nikki, Gitesh, etc. would be the other studios who also have access to a lot of the same data.

Apparently Harvey Weinstein was providing Deadline with numbers once Nikki left the site (this is according to Nikki, so who knows).

That number ain't finishing at $85-$89 million. No way. 

The night business will be insane, and that number will increase to $95-$100 million. 

This movie is a LOCK to break opening day record. I will be very surprised if it doesn't. 

• Like 1

That number ain't finishing at $85-$89 million. No way. 

The night business will be insane, and that number will increase to $95-$100 million. 

This movie is a LOCK to break opening day record. I will be very surprised if it doesn't. 

Your prediction in the early pages of this thread was $40m previews and $108m OD.

Despite it doing $27m from previews, you still have it doing $108m. 

And your last line doesn't make sense. A lock means it's guaranteed. 

• Like 3

Your prediction in the early pages of this thread was $40m previews and $108m OD.

Despite it doing $27m from previews, you still have it doing $108m. 

And your last line doesn't make sense. A lock means it's guaranteed. 

VGPOP just said 95M-100M.

• Like 1

I would take the early Friday predictions with a huge grain of salt. The final predictions could come in as being higher or lower then what was just projected.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1