Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

From what I gather from Twitter, people haven't got trailers for Star Wars, BvS, Mad Max, Ant-Man, Inside Out or Tomorrowland. What trailers are theaters programming with Avengers 2?? If they don't want to play Star Wars or BvS I understand as the movies are far away still and will have their own huge marketing campaigns. But playing the Mad Max trailer or a Fantastic Four trailer or an Ant-Man trailer before Avengers would definitely lead to some additional interest in those movies from audiences on the fence. Instead, the trailers before Avengers seem to be the initial teasers instead of the later and better trailers for some of these.

Midnight showings were for the diehard fans. There's nothing better during a film's release than being in a room full of fans that are just as excited as you are.

To be honest, I guess at some point, midnights were bigger than that...

They weren't diehard fans of a certain movie (of course there were many), but also diehard fans of the event of a midnight-showing itself.

More like 215 mill

What's your SAT number? If this 90, take away 27.6 that equals to about 63/64 for the day. SAT at best will just match, if not fall to 60M, leaving Sunday with about 45-50. To get that number you have to either have an extremely amazing SAT number, or all flat numbers equal including SUN.

We have exact OD numbers for TA2:

Audience: 1,915,472

Gross: MX$102,621,521 -> US$6.75M (exchange rate = 15.2)

FIrst movie to gross more than a hundred million pesos in opening day!

Did we get any matinee reports in the past two hours?  I was on the road.

No. But gitesh think it could hit high 80's based on early numbers

Nope. 5% surcharge from 3D and that would give you almost $450m. 

i had 450 first but i thought it was low... since when is 3d 5%? here it's 2d $12 3d $15, aka 25% increase. with 50% 3d share that's 12.5% increase or 178/478

Huh?

Potter did "only" 47m on friday, while Avengers 2 probably ends up somewhere in the low 60s.

It's just a different point of time, the audience chosed to watch the movies, so I don't think you can say, Avengers had 5 "extra" hours.

Of course, technically it had, but I don't think it matters in the end.

It's not guaranteed. Could go up on Saturday like TA1 and IM3.

Could, but what's holding me back is that really high preview number. Could of had a fan rush compared to TA1 and IM3, which both had roughly same preview numbers.

Why are you riding on that 5 hour-stuff?

It's just viewing a preview 5 hours earlier, while at midnight, the lights go out nowadays.

It wouldn't make a (big) difference, if it opened at midnight.

The fact, that Avengers beats Potters (midnight adjusted) Friday by 15m, leads me to the question, where the big help of those 5 "extra" hours is measurable.

This would lead me to believe that losing 5 hours (back down to 24) wouldn't hurt AoU too badly as the Thursday was less front loaded and if you added 5 hours to DH2 it might have helped considerably as Thursday nights were more frontloaded for DH2.

But ultimately, I don't believe the extra 2-5 hours make too much of a difference because I think the late night and midnight showings get around the same turnout.

#AvengersAMovie is trending. No not Avengers, but that unfunny Twitter thing where people make tweets like this:

Don't Tell Mom The Hulk Is Dead #AvengerAMovie

Mad Max: Nick Fury Road #AvengerAMovie

The Lion, the Scarlet Witch & the Wardrobe #AvengerAMovie

The Blair Scarlet Witch Project #AvengerAMovie

Fantastic Thor #AvengerAMovie

#AvengerAmovie. Thor weddings and a funeral

The Daredevil Wears Prada #AvengerAMovie

Men in Black Widow #AvengerAMovie

Okay the last one was kinda good.

• Like 2