Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

UPDATE, 1:22 PM: Industry box office estimates see Disney’s Marvel Avengers: Age Of Ultron on track for an $87M opening Friday at the domestic B.O. in 4,275 theaters, inclusive of yesterday’s $27.6M receipts. That would make Ultron the second-highest opening day of all-time behind Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part II which made $91.07M  on its first Friday (on its way to a $169.2M weekend). An $87M first Friday for Ultron also pegs it ahead of first installment Avengers which made $80.8M. The industry estimate for Ultron opening weekend is currently $213M which of course would make it an all-time stateside record, beating  Avengers’ $207.4M. Aggressive estimates see $215M-$220M. Again, these figures become harder as cash drawers close out into the evening.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

I put 170, but I bet it'll go higher. People here wanna shit it on and lowball it because it's Sandler, but get real, this concept will sell itself, and the release date is prime. Seeing a giant Pac Man already makes it worth it.

I really lowballed it, I think. People even cheered when Sandler popped up. Dude might have done some duds recently, but I still think the general public loves the guy in the right movie. Sometimes, the internet starts to become an echo chamber- and it hurts predictions. 

Box office.com Seeing 90+ million

Friday Update #2: Sources are reporting very preliminary numbers for Friday based on matinee business, while Disney itself has updated that they expect to top $200 million and are eyeing the weekend record. That's a fantastic sign coming from the most official source possible.

Based on these early reports, suggesting an opening day of $90 million or more (which could be a record if it tops the final Harry Potter's $91 million first day), BoxOffice is currently projecting an opening weekend around $220-225 million.

More updates as they come.

geesus!! ultron wont top titanic domestically tho. whew

I still aren't buying the number. With a film this crazed, anything can happen. I'll wait and take it seriously tomorrow.

Agree. I may not have liked the movie, but, regardless, the lines for this were going out the damn door when I was leaving from my viewing. My first viewing had a 742 seat auditorium sold out! That's just one auditorium. They had 10 showings going at all times, so you do the math!

I put 170, but I bet it'll go higher. People here wanna shit it on and lowball it because it's Sandler, but get real, this concept will sell itself, and the release date is prime. Seeing a giant Pac Man already makes it worth it.

Yeah, it got a good reaction at my TA2 show last night. The tricky thing with comedies is that sometimes the trailer buzz doesn't translate into box office. What was that movie a number of years ago that had everyone laughing their heads off in the trailer and it flopped hard in theaters? Think it was called The Change Up or something along those lines. That said, I think the Pac-Man/Donkey Kong, etc. concept is good enough that it will be successful at the box office.

Random but slightly relevant fact: People at my showing went fucking NUTS for the Pixels trailer last night. Bigger than Jurassic World and Ant-Man combined. I have no agenda in saying that- I don't think I even had it doing 100m in the baumer summer game- but after last night, I think that they might have something bigger than I thought with that concept.

Pixels got a bunch of laughs and "What the fucks" in a good sense last night. Ant-Man's Thomas the Tank Engine joke got big laughs too. Those were the only two noticeable ones I think.

I did I got BvS, JW, terminator, Tomorrowland, SW-3D, Antman-3D

Awesome, then I'll try to catch it at a Cinemark in a few weeks

I predicted 212 million OW in the summer game, so I fucks with the 213 million number. Just as long as it finishes under 650 million domestic so I get to pick BKB's name and we're all gravy.

Yeah, it got a good reaction at my TA2 show last night. The tricky thing with comedies is that sometimes the trailer buzz doesn't translate into box office. What was that movie a number of years ago that had everyone laughing their heads off in the trailer and it flopped hard in theaters? Think it was called The Change Up or something along those lines.

I remember it being that movie. Everyone said the trailers got huge reactions and were then utterly baffled when it tanked.

Box office.com Seeing 90+ million

Friday Update #2: Sources are reporting very preliminary numbers for Friday based on matinee business, while Disney itself has updated that they expect to top $200 million and are eyeing the weekend record. That's a fantastic sign coming from the most official source possible.

Based on these early reports, suggesting an opening day of $90 million or more (which could be a record if it tops the final Harry Potter's $91 million first day), BoxOffice is currently projecting an opening weekend around $220-225 million.

More updates as they come.

So not over $100m despite extra 5 hours!

tumblr_inline_mya13pZzmT1qkavmj.gif

• Like 3

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

UPDATE, 1:22 PM: Industry box office estimates see Disney’s MarvelAvengers: Age Of Ultron on track for an $87M opening Friday at the domestic B.O. in 4,275 theaters, inclusive of yesterday’s $27.6M receipts. That would make Ultron the second-highest opening day of all-time behind Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part II which made $91.07M on its first Friday (on its way to a $169.2M weekend). An $87M first Friday for Ultron also pegs it ahead of first installment Avengers which made $80.8M. The industry estimate for Ultron opening weekend is currently $213M which of course would make it an all-time stateside record, beating Avengers’ $207.4M. Aggressive estimates see $215M-$220M. Again, these figures become harder as cash drawers close out into the evening.

Chocolate-Microwave-Fudge-Mix.jpg Edited by AplandRey