Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Moderation: Everyone settle down and quit the bickering. History is being made today and you want to get banned from the thread. So stop

Agreed. AoU will make history for cheating. Greedy world run by corporations!

Anyway, I have to sleep. Goodnight, all.

And remember...no matter what opinion you may have, it is always wrong if it doesn't praise Potter.

• Like 1

Of course Avengers has much more attractives for the general audience than Potter had , action and super heroes..

but I STRONGLY believe there is more people who read the Potter series than people who read the Marvel´s comic books..

So, in some way, Potter was stronger 

And there is another thing.. Marvel has a lot of heroes involved, a lot of autors and producers.. Potter was something made by just one person.. 

The Marvel universe is much bigger than Potter´s , of course.. but I don´t think it is stronger.. 

• Like 2

You have to assume IW: Part 1 will decline a bit, so I guess part 2 may be right.

IW1 probably won't have some of the big heroes so around 400-450M would be a good result for that one.

What was interesting or surprising about Cinderella and Insurgent? Or are you just listing films that have grossed over 100M lol

Cinderella and Insurgent were a part of an insane 4 weeks run of having a movie always opening over 50M in Spring. It never happened before ;)

I'd like avengers to do well with earnings on Monday, I'm devaluing the importance of it in the long run as a piece of IP vs something I have no vested interest in Potter & its value/legacy.

Owning stock does not automatically make your opinion on TA more legitimate. Owning stock is a purely financial thing, which might not even reflect how you feel about Disney or its products.

The Avengers have been around since the 1960's. Marvel has been around since the late 1930's. It already has the longer legacy.

Yep, agree! I remember watching The Incredible Hulk when I was just a toddler myself! That show came out in 1978.

I was first introduced to Thor in Adventures in Babysitting, and this was in 1987.

• Like 2