kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

You are hilarious for sure. Hopefully China comes on board or there will no BO thread to go to :-)

A 250-300 mill run would be acceptable :)

The difference between AoU and TA1 was only $16m on OW. It'll be $65m by the end of this weekend.

$470m is the absolute best it can hope to achieve.

$450m is where it'll land. It's dropping roughly 60% with ZERO competition. Next week it'll get a double punch from Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max.

450m a reach now

lucky to finish 3rd on the year now dom

Oh shit I just realise this COULD lose to MJ2....... Didn't think it's possible.

Now I'm depressed.. That awkward moment when you realise arguing against feminism in diversity thread is more enjoyable than following AOU B.O. run....

Looking at how much MJ1 fell off CF(way more than part 1s of twilight and potter), a potter 8 like 28.7% bump from it's 2D, less action packed predecessor, is the best it can do imo.

+30% gives MJ2 438m.

Well, color me disappointed.

Financially (and in reality) it's not a disappointment but we generally (and I'm pretty sure Disney as well) expected a bit more from the movie.

There's a lesson to be learnt here though. We need to keep our expectations in check, the first Avengers was that huge because it was a perfect storm of quality, hype and novelty. A sequel was never going to have that no matter how good it was.