kayumanggi

TUESDAY NUMBERS | A: AOU 5.99 M | F7 0.479 M | HP 1.29 M | A: AOU 33.9 M OD in China, fell 42% on Wed, 54.03 M total

It pisses me off that F7 will win over AOU and only because of the caveat next to it with Walkers death and without that, it wouldn't be this way.. Either way, count on Hollywood milking Walkers death to keep that franchise going.. You've seen 1 car stunt, after awhile, it's really all the same..

It was the 7th film, evidently Universal doesn't need help keeping it going.

I still think Star Wars will win the year.

Most likely.

SW7 is the start of a new trilogy, has almost no competition this Christmas (In the Heart of the Sea=Exodus, Alvin 4=Walking with Dinosaurs. Not very strong), January 2016 doesn't have an American Sniper-esque sleeper in the making, and it has huge momentum on social media. 

Fandango reports brisk advance sales for both
#PitchPerfect2
and
#MadMaxFuryRoad
http://t.co/8QA0LqkXDn
— BoxOffice (@BoxOffice)
May 13, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's hoping Mad Max and Pitch Perfect can save May 2015. Because Tomorrowland, Poltergeist, Aloha and San Andreas... not gonna do it. 

If Mad Max does $45 million and PP2 does $60-65 million, that would make up for Avengers 2's blissfully average performance  :P

Edited by mahnamahna

Most likely.

SW7 is the start of a new trilogy, has almost no competition this Christmas (In the Heart of the Sea=Exodus, Alvin 4=Walking with Dinosaurs. Not very strong), January 2016 doesn't have an American Sniper-esque sleeper in the making, and it has huge momentum on social media. 

Here's hoping Mad Max and Pitch Perfect can save May 2015. Because Tomorrowland, Poltergeist, Aloha and San Andreas... not gonna do it. 

If Mad Max does $45 million and PP2 does $60-65 million, that would make up for Avengers 2's blissfully average performance  :P

:unsure:

Most likely.

If Mad Max does $45 million and PP2 does $60-65 million, that would make up for Avengers 2's blissfully average performance :P

Except In the Heart of the Sea will probably be good.

It pisses me off that F7 will win over AOU and only because of the caveat next to it with Walkers death and without that, it wouldn't be this way.. Either way, count on Hollywood milking Walkers death to keep that franchise going.. You've seen 1 car stunt, after awhile, it's really all the same..

FF7 is just as good as AOU and given the classy tribute to Paul Walker, FF7 deserves the great success. FF7's amazing run WW has been a treat to box office followers like us. No need to be pissed off. 

As far as FF movies go, I think FF5 is the best one since the franchise restarted again in 2009.

• Like 1

I loved AOU. :lol:

I wasn't disappointed because I had no expectations either since I didn't watch any of the promo stuff trailers included. It was different from the first, that's for sure.

I didn't watch anything either. I just didn't like it because it seemed like a rehash of the first movie, the Natasha/Banner thing did not work, a certain death felt very forced, the villains sucked, the CGI looked off and not as good as the first time around. 

less than 1/3rd of what AVATAR did on 2nd Tuesday - pathetique

AVATAR made $500m after 12th day

will TA2 make significantly more than $100m?

Edited by Rudolf

And I don't even know what the taste is in China and whether it matches up with mine.   I know OS markets loved Spider-Man 3 and made it the highest grossing of all SM films.   So OS taste probably isn't relevant to me.

OS audiences didn't make Passion of the Christ such a massive hit so sometimes they get it right. A lot of dumbasses putting money straight into Mel Gibsons pocket right there.

Edited by jessie

Loved Passion of the Christ. Are you calling me dumbass?

Besides religion issues or prejudices, quality wise it is much better and challenging than many hits. Mel Gibson is such a great director

• Like 1

less than 1/3rd of what AVATAR did on 2nd Tuesday - pathetique

AVATAR made $500m after 12th day

will TA2 make significantly more than $100m?

i would say this is an irrelevant comparison but there was literally an over avatar dom club L O L so..