kayumanggi

COLLATERAL BEAUTY | 12.16.16 | Warner Brothers | final gross ● 31.02M

7 hours ago, Frozen said:

I just read the twist ending and all I can say is WOW no wonder this is getting shit reviews. Not what I expected at all.

Let me guess. He's already dead and in Purgatory and everyone else are actually angels trying to help him move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Let me guess. He's already dead and in Purgatory and everyone else are actually angels trying to help him move on.

Spoiler

The actors hired to play Death, Time and Love are ACTUALLY Death, Time and Love.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

How is that a twist? That's exactly what the trailer lets us know, that he is talking to those entities.

Because apparently

Spoiler

The trailer hides that the three people are actors from a local theater company Will Smith's friends hire to trick him into thinking he is talking to the actual entities, but omg, turns out in the end that the actors are actually the entities all along!

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Because apparently

Hide contents

The trailer hides that the three people are actors from a local theater company Will Smith's friends hire to trick him into thinking he is talking to the actual entities, but omg, turns out in the end that the actors are actually the entities all along!

I just read a spoiler-heavy analysis of the film, and let me tell you, I find the premise of the first twist

Spoiler

(three shareholders in an advertising company conspire to make Will Smith’s character look crazy in the eyes of fellow board members so they can wrestle the company away from him during his time of struggle, and they hire actors that make Smith believe he is talking to Death, Time, and Love)

very intriguing, and I wish that they hadn't tacked on the second twist

Spoiler

(all along, the actors were indeed Death, Time, and Love)

20 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Happy that this is hopefully the final nail in Smith's carer but feel sorry for all those talented ladies. 

Why? 

He'll be fine.

Suicide Squad 's global mega success has given him renewed clout in Hollywood (a Deadshot film is in the works! Yay!), and he also has Bad Boys For Life in the pipeline.

All he needs to do is keep in the movie wheelhouse in which audiences love him, and he will continue doing great.

At this point, he will always be a valued property, and even if he stopped doing films, he would still be a valuable marquee name for TV projects, theatre, cable, etc., not to mention that today he could retire happily if he wanted; he is worth over 200 million dollars.

Also, none of the women in Collateral Beauty were required to carry the film. They will all keep working steadily.

Edited by Cochofles