Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

I still can't see that happening. Pitch Perfect isn't the only one that expanded it's fan base to new demographics upon DVD release.

Name another one that did.  Ted should fall as it will suffer the avengers type thing where the first was already massive so this one has nowhere to go but down imo.

• Like 4

Name another one that did.  Ted should fall as it will suffer the avengers type thing where the first was already massive so this one has nowhere to go but down imo.

I do expect an increase in OW DOM for Ted 2. But, yes, it's overall DOM run will likely decrease drastically from Ted.

You took your mom to see Mad Max? My hat's off to you... or maybe her. :lol:

Big deal.. I could be old enough to be his mum and I went to see MM on my own and loved it. :ph34r:  I actually convinced a few guys to see it.

WOW @ PP2 number. :o

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

Name another one that did. Ted should fall as it will suffer the avengers type thing where the first was already massive so this one has nowhere to go but down imo.

I think it's final gross will be near identical to the first one. Ted expanded it's audience on DVD through teenagers. So I think it will open bigger 85-90M and have worse legs.

Some males on this forum *cough* are so uncomfortable with their sexuality they feel like whenever a female-targeted film does well, their own masculinity is threatened. I don't understand why some people feel the need to assert that ooh they'd never watch a film like that, it's way too shitty and unmanly. Nobody cares if you saw the film or liked it, I'm sure the thought "Pitch Perfect 2 did well this weekend, I wonder if BKB liked it" has never crossed anybody's mind.

It ain't about being offended or whatever, if you make a dumb statement on this forum then you better bet that you'll be called out for it. 

• Like 8

Some males on this forum *cough* are so uncomfortable with their sexuality they feel like whenever a female-targeted film does well, their own masculinity is threatened. I don't understand why some people feel the need to assert that ooh they'd never watch a film like that, it's way too shitty and unmanly. Nobody cares if you saw the film or liked it, I'm sure the thought "Pitch Perfect 2 did well this weekend, I wonder if BKB liked it" has never crossed anybody's mind.

It ain't about being offended or whatever, if you make a dumb statement on this forum then you better bet that you'll be called out for it. 

I have no interest in PP2 but I knew it would be big. 

I like female films doing well actually. 

Jeez... That opening for pitch perfect 2!

I don't know why, but I always see 70M as MUCH higher than 69.9... Same why when I was a kid, 9:59 wasn't late but 10:00PM... woah, slow down soldier!

• Like 2