Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Am I missing something here?

TA2 OS was at 607M on Sunday.

It's now at 990 OS on Friday.

Dat increase?

They updated the article, but not the tweet: http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-05-15-avengers-age-of-ultron-hits-1b-worldwide-in-24-days

The latest Avengers film entered the weekend at $990 million with top overseas results coming from South Korea ($76M), China ($69M), UK ($63M), Mexico ($41M), Brazil ($39M), and Russia ($32M).

• Like 1

Yeah, that was 127M. It made 250M+ the rest of the week elsewhere?

I guess so? Maybe it can match Furious WW now?

Oh never mind that was WW....

Edited by Frozen

smashes $1B mark today after 24days of global play. Huge $69M 3day midweek start in China.
— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya)
May 15, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> #doyoustillcare

Yes I do actually. :)

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 1

Let's hold the "PP2 will be more front loaded" talk. According to HSX PP2 was outselling MM over 2 to 1 for Saturday showings and 3 to 1 for Sunday showings.

Would you mind sharing the links to where you got the source?

Lets begin the talk of weekend holds and front-loading when RTH comes in with early Friday estimates. Any predicts?

PP- 21M

FR - 18M

Looks good to me

Watch RTH come in tomorrow and be like "atm pp2 looking like 20+, fury road 18-21, ultron 14, will see how evening w coast goes."

• Like 2

PP2

4.6 previews

18.4 Friday (23)

21 Saturday (44)

14 Sunday (58)

$58 million OW

MM: FR

3.7 previews

16.3 Friday (20)

16.5 Saturday (36.5)

11 (47.5)

$47.5 million OW

Switch around PP2's Friday and Saturday number ;)

I think it will be pretty big on OD, then fall a little bit Saturday, but generally hold steady.

• Like 1

Those of us who were saying it will open to Pacific Rim numbers are spot on at the moment. MM previews $3.7M, PR previews $3.6M. (That's not to say they will perform identically over the rest of the weekend, but still.)

22 Jump Street opened in the summer where it's target demo had already finished classes. I have a good feeling PP2 will be safe and end up in the mid-50s.

Schools in the US close for summer in June? :o