Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Those of us who were saying it will open to Pacific Rim numbers are spot on at the moment. MM previews $3.7M, PR previews $3.6M. (That's not to say they will perform identically over the rest of the weekend, but still.)

Schools in the US close for summer in June? :o

College are usually done in May, high school and elementary school in June.

• Like 1

3 month summer break? That's long!

My exam week starts June 18 (Thursday) and goes until June 24. I only have to go in 2 of those days for 3 hours each, after than were off until the second week of September. Edited by DAJK

3 month summer break? That's long!

Yes, but unlike the UK the US doesn't have bank holidays and the winter and spring breaks are shorter. Overall students attend school for about the same number of days each year.

Yes, but unlike the UK the US doesn't have bank holidays and the winter and spring breaks are shorter. Overall students attend school for about the same number of days each year.

Ah okay, that explains it. :)

FIOS opened to $8.2 million in previews, for reference. Though I expect this to end up around the same for the weekend gross.

TFIOS had the Night Before the Stars thing where the tickets were like $20

PP2

4.6 previews

18.4 Friday (23)

21 Saturday (44)

14 Sunday (58) 

$58 million OW

MM: FR

3.7 previews

16.3 Friday (20)

16.5 Saturday (36.5)

11 (47.5)

$47.5 million OW 

PP2 @ $58M, expected

MMFR @ $47M, pleasant surprise

I don't know about that. What are bank holidays? When the banks are closed? We get those too, lol.  Varies from state to state but US students, especially in California get all kinds of ridiculous days out of school. My daughter had 3 weeks out for Christmas holidays.  And not to mention all those staff days they get off per year.