Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

I'm not sure if PP2 is going to be frontloaded, as I expect a lot of kids and families over the weekend.

This is at least a 2 qudrant-movie, not compareable to FIOS in my Opinion.

Very good number for MMFR, should land anywhere between 40-50m, that's a lot more than most expected it to do some weeks ago, but I just read, that it had a Budget of more than 200m, thats a big one...

My exam week starts June 18 (Thursday) and goes until June 24. I only have to go in 2 of those days for 3 hours each, after than were off until the second week of September.

When do you guys go back. We get out on the forth (of June) and get back on like twenty first of August or something

I don't know about that. What are bank holidays? When the banks are closed? We get those too, lol.  Varies from state to state but US students, especially in California get all kinds of ridiculous days out of school. My daughter had 3 weeks out for Christmas holidays.  And not to mention all those staff days they get off per year. 

bank holidays are nothing to do with banks. They're just national one-day holidays that we have every so often, so that people aren't constantly working. :)

Do you usually start that late?

Yes because we don't usually get out until end of June.

But last year we got out end of may and got back sept 22 because of a teacher strike.

Edited by DAJK

Yes because we don't usually get out until end of June.

But last year we got out end of may and got back sept 22 because of a teacher strike.

Hmm... Must be an America vs. Canada thing.

Good start for both movies... (About expected for Pitch and higher than I had thought for Max)

• Like 1

bank holidays are nothing to do with banks. They're just national one-day holidays that we have every so often, so that people aren't constantly working. :)

US has those. Usually the banks are closed.  Why do they call them bank holidays?

US has those. Usually the banks are closed.  Why do they call them bank holidays?

I googled it and apparently when bank holidays were created, it was for banks. But since we no longer live in the 1800s, it's not the same :P everyone is off on bank holidays. Most businesses close.

:o

That's like only a month...

6 weeks. The time flies by.

But we also have:

- 2 weeks off at Christmas

- 2 weeks off at Easter

- 3 weeks off across the year as half-term holidays

- 5 teacher training days

- 8 bank holidays (usually less than that for schools because they can occur during school holidays)

I'm not sure which of these you guys have.

Edited by tree - we're home

I googled it and apparently when bank holidays were created, it was for banks. But since we no longer live in the 1800s, it's not the same :P everyone is off on bank holidays. Most businesses close.

6 weeks. The time flies by.

But we also have:

- 2 weeks off at Christmas

- 2 weeks off at Easter

- 3 weeks off across the year as half-term holidays

- 5 teacher training days

- 8 bank holidays (usually less than that for schools because they can occur during school holidays)

I'm not sure which of these you guys have.

Week and a half at Christmas, a week at Easter, and usually 2-3 days off at the end of each quarter. Most of the break is in summer