kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Not looking like a good weekend for my BSG.

Yeah, I think I've screwed up most of the week. I'm still feeling confident for the 25K bonus question though.

3-Day and 4-Day Projections

1. Pitch Perfect 2 ($32.9 million / $41.1 million)
2. Tomorrowland ($30.9 million / $38 million)
3. Mad Max: Fury Road ($24 million / $29.9 million)
4. Poltergeist ($23.8 million / $29.2 million)
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron ($20.1 million / $25.7 million)
6. Hot Pursuit ($3.2 million / $3.9 million)
7. Far from the Madding Crowd ($2.2 million / $2.9 million)
8. Furious 7 ($2.1 million / $2.6 million)
9. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 ($1.7 million / $2.3 million)
10. Home ($1.5 million / $2 million)
11. The Age of Adaline ($1.4 million / $1.8 million)

Ultron had a bigger Saturday than Max last weekend. Thinking it has a bigger Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Max will likely beat it Monday though.

Yeah the boxoffice.com projection looks a little low on AOU considering last weekends Sat and this Sun will have soft Memorial Day drops.

Should be close.

Everyone knows the real battle is between Ratatouille and Wall-E

The life cycle of a Pixar director. Make critically and commercially acclaimed movies -> Disney gives you a 200M budget for your dream project -> Bomb -> Make sequels to your acclaimed Pixar movies

Edited by grim22

Noooo I wanted this to stay above 7

60% Fri-Fri drop is not a good sign 

It's 48% excluding previews. Not too bad but I really thought this could hold stronger, given the fantastic reception it's received by audiences. I'm regretting that <40% drop in BSG.

• Like 1

Even the GA isn't liking it.

CFtAdgvUsAAfhvk.jpg

I think it's because GA wants big action spectacles, and that is sort of was Tomorroeland was marketed as, when instead it's a more intelligent movie with a message.

The action itself was one of the weak points IMO.

Tomorrowland affected AOU's holds as well. Losing IMAX screens has put AOU's Friday almost equal to IM3's Memorial Day weekend Friday. AOU was starting to stabilize over weekdays but losing IMAX will cause a slightly larger drop than expected.

Edited by grim22

Even the GA isn't liking it.

CFtAdgvUsAAfhvk.jpg

Is it just me, or is it too early for this...for all you know, that could be Lindelof haters driving down the score. How about we wait and look at drops?

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1