kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

On 1/22/2018 at 3:41 AM, Jonwo said:

I assume SS2 will be for February 2020. 

The Phil Lord and Chris Miller produced Sony Pictures Animation Movie has been set for February 7, 2020, which sets it opposite Suicide Squad 2.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/916261-barbie-moves-to-2020-and-more-release-date-news-from-sony#zjA3CKbYb3bijjbO.99

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The Phil Lord and Chris Miller produced Sony Pictures Animation Movie has been set for February 7, 2020, which sets it opposite Suicide Squad 2.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/916261-barbie-moves-to-2020-and-more-release-date-news-from-sony#zjA3CKbYb3bijjbO.99

Can't be right as the untitled DC film is dated for February 14th

Just now, Mojoguy said:

I honestly have no idea how good this movie will do.

The SS movie is a mess and an editing nightmare.

BUT SS's legs were pretty good. SS also sold well on video, better than BvS actually. So... people like it?

It'll drop from the first film OW wise but if it's actually good then legs will more than make up for it. They need to go more gritty and I think with Gavin O'Connor at the helm, it has a shot of being better received.

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I predict Sivana releases Black Adam at the end of Shazam which makes Amanda Waller send the Suicide Squad after him. They better get more metahumans on their team though. 

I'm not sure if they'd do that given they're opting for a looser connectivity. I imagine Black Adam awakening from his tomb will happen.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think O'Connor should be good, I suspect the success of The Accountant is probably what secured him SS2.

I imagine so; I just speak from a personal preference standpoint. Accountant 2 is something I would like to see. I really enjoyed the 1st one.

Meanwhile, I don't envy any director hired for SS2. Yes, they get a good paycheck, but that aside, they have to clean David Ayer and WB's collective mess. It's likely that all the problems that sunk Ayer (rushed production, unfit choice for the project, panic mode after BVS) won't sink O'Connor, but still.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I imagine so; I just speak from a personal preference standpoint. Accountant 2 is something I would like to see. I really enjoyed the 1st one.

Meanwhile, I don't envy any director hired for SS2. Yes, they get a good paycheck, but that aside, they have to clean David Ayer and WB's collective mess. It's likely that all the problems that sunk Ayer (rushed production, unfit choice for the project, panic mode after BVS) won't sink O'Connor, but still.

If James Mangold could manage to make The Wolverine a decent film and remove the stink from X-Men Origins: Wolverine then SS2 should be fine with O'Connor at the helm, it is coming much later means they can take their time with the script, production if it released in 2020 rather than 2019 and it'll be coming after Aquaman, Shazam and WW2 which puts it in a better position compared to the first film. 

I wouldn't be surprised if SS2 basically ignores the first film and just concentrates on a new mission.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, StevenG said:

Maybe SS2 will introduce Vixen to the DCEU and she will be so popular that they finally give us the black superheroine solo film we need and deserve.

It didn't occur to me that Vixen could be used here like how BvS/CW utilized Wonder Woman/Black Panther and prime her for a solo film, but the idea sounds great. At the least, she needs to be included so that another charismatic actress of color like Letitia Wright can have a chance at being the next great find.

• Like 1