kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

21 hours ago, TheMovieman said:

Agreed. I'm thinking Warner really wants Zemeckis but maybe he won't commit until he's done filming The Women of Marwen.

Like I've said before...I'm sure they "really want" him, anyone would...especially considering the specific nature of this character.

Whether he's interested, however...  and if he even is, I'd bet he'd want his own choice of cast. 

55 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Like I've said before...I'm sure they "really want" him, anyone would...especially considering the specific nature of this character.

I'm pretty sure they want to be REALLY careful about Flashpoint/Flash and Green Lantern project. 

Those are Geoff Jones' babies. 

Edited by NamakFiskKa

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, NamakFiskKa said:

I'm pretty sure they want to be REALLY careful about Flashpoint/Flash and Green Lantern project. 

Those are Geoff Jones' babies. 

Jones has been upfront about how a lot of his advice was ignored when DC was making "Green Lantern" and how he was very unhappy with how the film turned out;that won't happen again with Johns in charge of DC Studios.

Which is great with me, since, after Batman, GL is my favorite DC Franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Jones has been upfront about how a lot of his advice was ignored when DC was making "Green Lantern" and how he was very unhappy with how the film turned out;that won't happen again with Johns in charge of DC Studios.

Which is great with me, since, after Batman, GL is my favorite DC Franchise.

Johns still doesn't hold much sway.  These films are made and funded by Warner Bros. Studios and various other investors...Warner Bros. ultimately decides what the film will be...they showed that with Suicide Squad (and presumably Justice League).

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Johns still doesn't hold much sway.  These films are made and funded by Warner Bros. Studios and various other investors...Warner Bros. ultimately decides what the film will be...they showed that with Suicide Squad (and presumably Justice League).

Johns has more power over DC Films now compared to 2011 when he was just CCO mostly in charge of the comic side. He's been instrumental in the success of Rebirth and WB wants him to be more actively involved with that aspect.

• Thanks 1

They should debut him in that film, then you can push him to Shazam 2 (if that movie is a hit) or hell even a Superman sequel if you want Rock vs. Superman.  Either way, skip this Black Adam movie shit.  I can't believe they're getting people in place to write for that movie.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Let's see a movie about Govt forming a team to do anti-Govt thing and has suicide in its title. 

This isn't getting to Chinese audience at any cost. 

Not sure what you meant by that in the first one they were saving the world not doing anti-government thing and it was not playing in China either, leave the enchanting/possession stuff and I can see that play, if suicide squad 2 are again the good guy doing good stuff all movie long.

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what you meant by that in the first one they were saving the world not doing anti-government thing and it was not playing in China either, leave the enchanting/possession stuff and I can see that play, if suicide squad 2 are again the good guy doing good stuff all movie long.

Bunch of incarcerated anarchists sanctioned by the Govt to do shady/covert operation (weird but Chinese administration wouldn't like to sponsor that kinda entertainment for the masses imo). 

And if they are so allergic to paranormal/witchcraft stuff than why were Fantastic Beats/Mummy/Warcraft and other fantasy movies so popular there ??

Edited by NamakFiskKa